Miscellaneous > General Chat

Open voice acting casting call for a game jam game

(1/3) > >>

Fifth:
Alright, so I'm trying to make a game for a game jam, and I've hit the point where I need a bunch of voice acting for it to work well.  It's sort of a "the more the merrier" deal, where any contribution can only help the game.

The concept of the game is that you're showing off this new game at a video game expo, except that you haven't actually got a real game to show off.  So you're faking it by moving the character around with the mouse and pretending to jump around and such.  And various on-lookers come by and tell you if the game looks fake.

And so I need voice clips for those various on-lookers.

It will require recording a number of voice clips for each unique "critic".  The details are all here:
http://www.l-ames.com/logan/critics.txt

If you want to give it a shot, just record and save the files according to the guidelines, and email it to me in a zip file, along with how you'd like to be credited in the game.

And here's what the game looks like right now:

I haven't got a proper playable build together yet, but I'm hoping to do so soon.

Suffix:
Sounds like fun! I'll have to turn off my air conditioner to participate, though... gulp.

Toad:
Were there any specific words or phrases you were looking for the on-lookers to say?

Fifth:
I want to keep things open to interpretation, but I can give a few examples.
For more generic things, something like, "This game looks buggy", "Was that supposed to happen?", "What the heck was that?", "Did they even test this thing?", or just simple exclamations like, "What", "Ugh", "No way", or anything of the sort.

For more specific things, just simple doubt or sarcasm could work, like, "Is he supposed to jump that high?", "It looks like he's floating", "So, are the spikes just for show?", and such.

Toad:
Understood.

I'm going to follow the King Dedede School of Voice Clips, and use basically the same sound for everything.

"You're happy." "HOO"
"You're sad." "HOO"
"You're hurt." "HOO"

I kid of course.

I'll have to see if I can find some time when the wife and kids are not here (or maybe if they are here and want to help too. Haha)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version