Print

Author Topic: The Random Song Thread  (Read 205450 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2007, 01:20:07 PM »
I thought the lyrics were fine; just a creative way to write about what he feels. No need to get worked up about it. I mean, it's cool that you don't agree with him, there's just no need to be so harsh.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:32:40 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
Yeah, I just wrote the song to express what I think the world's become.  I didn't intend to start a war with words, that's what politicians are for.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »
I guess it was just too politically incorrect.

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
No, he said

Feel free to fill me in on any facts that may be wrong. 

so I did.

The song says that Clinton's approval ratings were "falling fast" during the scandal but they actually rose. That's the fact that was wrong.

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2007, 04:07:42 PM »
Not so much you LD, as it was Chup.

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »
Unfinished words like these
Unfinished words like cheese and onions
Help me to write this marzipan song

Unfinished words
Flying like birds
High in the sky above my deckchair

I don't anchovies
On top of strawberries and cream
Pink litmus paper shirt turning blue

Kippers and jam
Custards and spam
Are only just the stuff of dreams

I can't pretend to be someone who pretends to be someone else
Also my pretend friend tells me

Unfinished words
Flying like birds
Colliding circles in the sky

Left is right, and right is wrong

Left is right, and right is wrong is also my favourite quote.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2007, 08:31:59 PM »
I just don't know how long someone can sit there being so self-righteous before they just become part of the problem they're condemning so heavily.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »
Hmm, I must say, PL, how you could expect him to say something so right-wing without receiving disagreement?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »
Bad Days--The Flaming Lips

You're sorta stuck where you are
But in your dreams you can buy expensive cars
or live on Mars
and have it your way

And you hate your boss at your job
but in your dreams you can blow his head off
in your dreams
show no mercy

And all your bad days will end
You have to sleep late when you can

You have to sleep late when you can

Don't worry, I don't plan on going postal, I just like this song (had to download it after I heard it in Batman & Robin. Anybody remember that flick)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2007, 05:22:31 AM »
Hmm, I must say, PL, how you could expect him to say something so right-wing without receiving disagreement?

No, it's okay that he disagrees with the song, Chup just kinda........I dunno, tore the song apart like it was trash. I'm not trying to be mean here; some of us thought the lyrics were cool. He didn't really give a reason as to why he didn't like the song other than "nothing's new", but now he has.

I DID expect someone would disagree Solid, and that's okay! If you notice on pg. 4, I talked about that. This is in no way trying to bash Chup for his beliefs; I'm sorry if I came off to anyone in that way.

Not all Christians are as self-righteous as everyone may think. We're just trying to get by in this life too, and Jman was just expressing his beliefs in a non violent/non hurtful way. There was really no need to get worked up about it.  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:00:40 PM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »
It's not like Jman destroyed the song and it's never coming back. I could redo the song by making fart noises with my armpits and it'd still exist. It's not like taping over.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
No, it's okay that he disagrees with the song, Chup just kinda........I dunno, tore the song apart like it was trash. I'm not trying to be mean here; some of us thought the lyrics were cool. He didn't really give a reason as to why he didn't like the song other than "nothing's new", but now he has.

I DID expect someone would disagree Solid, and that's okay! If you notice on pg. 4, I talked about that. This is in no way trying to bash Chup for his beliefs; I'm sorry if I came off to anyone in that way.

Not all Christians are as self-righteous as everyone may think. We're just trying to get by in this life too, and Jman was just expressing his beliefs in a non violent/hurtful way. There was really no need to get worked up about it.  :)
Yes, I admit that his song was a creative way to express his opinion. Of course, I can't say I really agree with it. Well, some of it I agree with. Like the verse about gangs.

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm just glad that no one deleted the song. I like it, and there's a lot I do agree with.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »
I still can't believe Clinton's approval ratings climbed during the scandal.  Maybe that was "the day the morals died," as I put it in the song.  I figured they did "fall fast," hence the line.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »
Oh, and PL, I think I'm too politically incorrect.

Print