Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260649 times)

Steven9wii

• Banned
« Reply #4155 on: May 07, 2009, 11:31:12 PM »
i happy because someone has a wii and will add my number and ill add theirs.

it is 8026464860495860
bebé jamaica friend many decide (dont ban this user) i want 8 hrs.us login time

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4156 on: May 08, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
Dude, we get it.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4157 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »
Day one of WarpRattler's senior trip:

Alternated between sleeping and playing Pokémon Platinum on the bus. (In before "what's the difference?".)
Checked in, got everything in the hotel room, went swimming for probably about half an hour.
Went to the Nashville Zoo. Fun stuff. Bought a bag of rocks.
Went to the Hard Rock Café. Bought a T-shirt and bought my dad a keychain.
Went to see Star Trek, but I posted about that in another thread. Went shopping instead. Bought Evolution Worlds, The World Ends With You, Metroid Fusion, and Drill Dozer. Went to Dave & Buster's the rest of the time. Played a bit of DDR SuperNOVA 2; forgot how difficult DoLL and TRIP MACHINE PhoeniX were. Played skeeball the rest of the time.
Came back to the hotel room, got on the Internet, sent a message to Max Vance on Facebook (the meeting may not happen, sadly), got on here, did some stuff on KoL, came back here...which brings us to now.

I almost bought a PSP. If they had had the cheapest pre-owned model at GameStop, I definitely would have bought that and Patapon 2 instead of the games I did buy. I didn't buy Rhythm Heaven yet, since I was waiting to meet Max Vance and buy it at the same time; however, since the meeting may not happen, I'll just buy it tomorrow no matter what. (If I had bought the PSP, I wouldn't have been able to buy Rhythm Heaven, either.)

Tomorrow: The Hermitage, BB King's Blues Club, more skeeball, Built To Scale.

« Reply #4158 on: May 09, 2009, 01:21:56 AM »
Don't let Tom Chick overexcite you into buying a PSP if that's not the best potential use of your money. Patapon's good, but he's a little insane for it. I don't think it's buy-a-system good.

Is the Max Vance meeting in danger because of you or him flaking out? Since you're on a school agenda I assume it's his fault. You need to demand he show, for the sake of TMK history which he himself used to delight in chronicling.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4159 on: May 09, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
I may still end up getting a used PSP, but for much cheaper than the price GameStop wants. It mostly depends on whether I have $45 left after the trip. (Also, I'd use the system for homebrew in addition to that game until I picked up more games, and there are a few games I sort of want to play that I could borrow from friends.)

Sort of both. He's going with his parents to the mall to see X-Men Origins tomorrow (meaning little chance of him being there today, unless he can get his parents to change their plans), and since we had mall time yesterday, the group canceled their plans to go on Sunday so we could leave two hours early (this was before I read what the deal with him would be; it probably wouldn't have mattered, since one person wanting to meet a guy on the Internet definitely isn't in the best wishes of twenty students).

« Reply #4160 on: May 09, 2009, 08:29:27 AM »
I hope you took advantage of using the washrooms at B.B. King's Blues Club, WarpRattler. In case you didn't, I'll have you know that they have a 24/7 bathroom attendant who dries your hands with a little towel and compliments you! :D
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4161 on: May 09, 2009, 09:23:23 AM »
I know where I'm going.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4162 on: May 09, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »
Weegee, I haven't gone yet. I'm sitting in the hotel room right now playing TWEWY while everyone else eats breakfast.

« Reply #4163 on: May 09, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
Oh.

Well, now that you've gotten the memo, you know where to haul your keister off to after dinner. If you're really lucky, you may have the privilege to be serenaded at the restaraunt by this seventy-year old blind Diabetic black guy who plays traditional harmonica blues and sells unlicensed CD's of his music from a briefcase afterwards. Have fun!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4164 on: May 09, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
Progress report, partway through day two:

Weather prohibited the visit to the Hermitage.
Already two for two on RH medals.
Have to set aside the rest of my money for food, so no PSP.
Played more skeeball and got a crazy cup, some candy, a Chinese finger trap, and a D&B shotglass.
Getting in the shower now to get ready for BB King's.

« Reply #4165 on: May 09, 2009, 02:38:14 PM »
GET THE RIBS

Just thought I'd throw in that invaluable nugget of advice before you head off to Beale Street.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4166 on: May 09, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
D&B shotglass.

Shotglass would be a great name for a Drum-n-Bass band.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4167 on: May 09, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »
Sadly, Weegee, we were on a set menu. I ended up getting the Good Ol' Burger. However, I did use the bathroom, and it was indeed awesome (to tell the truth, I thought you were joking until some of my classmates came back talking about it).

Big hurt: Max Vance's parents changed their mind and went today. However, my sponsors canceled our second trip to the mall, so I didn't get to meet him. Instead, we walked around downtown Nashville for two hours after eating. Because all the money I have left is going toward food (unless it turns out I don't need to buy any more meals at this point, which is definitely a possibility), I instead spent a lot of fake money in TWEWY (well, a lot for the first week, anyway). (If it turns out I don't need to spend any more money, I probably will end up buying a cheap PSP after I get back, but it'll be solely for homebrew until I can start affording games.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4168 on: May 09, 2009, 10:31:54 PM »
Guys, Max Vance consolation prize.

« Reply #4169 on: May 09, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »
I am dissapointed that the youngins' here have absolutely no idea who the longest lasting and greatest troll of this ancient message board was. The fact that the only try was simply a joke answer is far more insulting to his legacy.

For the first time, I actually felt ashamed to be part of this community. How can we move forward if no one remembers our history.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print