Muslim
1 (1.8%)
Other (Please Explain)
9 (16.4%)
Atheist
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: What's Your Religion?  (Read 128313 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »
Smoke isn't energy. Also, smoke is a byproduct of wood burning. It isn't transformed wood.

Did I say smoke???? I meant heat!!!!!!!  Sorry, I'm gonna edit that.

and doesn't mean we're going to kill off weaker people, since obviously we go to great lengths to keep people alive these days. In short, you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, good hearted people that believe evolution don't want to kill off the weak.  But remember this guy?:

Hitler was a big time evolutionist and this is how he believed:

Virtually flawless/perfect race:  Blue eyed, blonde haired arians.

Second rate race:  Brown eyed, brown hair, olive skin people around Italy.

half human, half ape: Black people.

pure animal: Jews.

He killed many Jews and blacks because he wanted to "help" the process of natural selection.  The good hearted people aren't and will never be the people in power.

And yes Glorb I will keep my end of the argument nice and calm (which I have been doing considering of how I was bashed earlier)  I'm not gonna be the one to get political disscussion closed again by not being able to control my temper.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:21:19 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »
This is, like, my third post in a debate thread (on other forums as well) that went completely ignored. Is it because it wasn't actually part of the debate, and thus wasn't worth noting? I don't think it was right to just ignore.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
Just because I know this old urban legend is going to come up...

Hitler was not a Christian. He was, at most, what Richard Dawkins would call (and describe himself as) a "cultural Christian," which would have been a bit more pronounced in those days, but still nothing like actual Christianity. He went along with it because it was a fixture of the culture. One of his most telling quotes was "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness..." He apparently felt that, living in Western civilization, he was required to be described as a Christian. (To avoid a rabbit trail off of what is already a rabbit trail, don't construe my use of that quote as an accusation against Islam.) Anyway, more details on the whole thing over here.

Now, I suggest this be continued in a separate thread, so we can get back on topic over here.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
And yes Glorb I will keep my end of the argument nice and calm
"I will only accuse my opponents of supporting Hitler. See? Just nice and calm stuff like that."

MushroomJunkie's continued application of entropy to evolution really shows he knows nothing about entropy or evolution.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »
"I will only accuse my opponents of supporting Hitler. See? Just nice and calm stuff like that."
MushroomJunkie's continued application of entropy to evolution really shows he knows nothing about entropy or evolution.

I never said that I acussed my opponents of supporting Hitler.  I said HITLER was a EVOLUTIONIST and in POWER and used his BELIF to KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE to support NAUTRAL SELECTION.  I never said "All you evolutionists are just a bunch of Hitler supporters."  If you read my post I said that even though someone is a evolutionist they still could have a good heart and want to help people.  Anything else you want throw at me?

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 06:55:04 AM »
Anything else you want throw at me?
Plenty.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
I said HITLER was a EVOLUTIONIST and in POWER and used his BELIF to KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE to support NAUTRAL SELECTION. 

What was the Spanish Inquisition about again?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 08:42:25 AM »
What was the Spanish Inquisition about again?

The thing about Christianity is that to be a Christian, you have to act like a Christian.  I can be a serial killer and say when they catch me "But I'm a born-again Christian!", but it doesn't make me a Christian.  I'm not saying you have to be perfect to be a Christian, they will have problems (I know I have some) but we try and fix our problems.  So when you look at people back at the Spanish Inquisition that call themselves "Christians" and then murder, you know their not.  Christians try to win people over to God with witnessing and scripture.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 10:22:38 AM »
So, Hitler uses his tenuous grasp of evolution (not unlike your own) and spoils evolution. But the Spanish Inquisition--along with the Witch Trials and the Crusades (just to name a few)--don't because they aren't Christian enough?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »
So, Hitler uses his tenuous grasp of evolution (not unlike your own) and spoils evolution. But the Spanish Inquisition--along with the Witch Trials and the Crusades (just to name a few)--don't because they aren't Christian enough?

They aren't Christian. Period.  The religion of evolution is very dangerous to people in power because of what evolution states.  Evolution says that only the strong should survive.  People in power will want to kill the weak.  That is why it is dangerous.  But tell me this, if there is no God then who decides right and wrong?  You may think (and I'm not saying you do) that abortion is humane and ok but I don't.  I may think that spanking my dog with a newspaper is a good tool to teach it obedience but you may think it's cruel.  How are we supposed to function together if we all have different opinions of morality?  If we have set rules on what is right and wrong ordained by a God then we would be alot happier and better off.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
Why are you taking this guy seriously?

With all due respect, I think your a total idiot, MJ.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:28:58 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Boo Dudley

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »
They fought, conquered and tortured in the name of the Christian god. They are Christians.

I don't need a Bible to tell me right from wrong, it's called common sense. And this fixation that any one who acknowledges evolution will kill off the weak is wearing thin fast.

If you need the Bible to find compassion for your fellow man, then that's your problem, not mine.

Why are you taking this guy seriously?

Who's this directed towards?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »
With all due respect, I think your a total idiot, MJ.

"With all due respect", yeah right.  Ok I'm bailing from this thread before things get any worse.  BD I understand that we have different opinions on religion and I'm not changing yours and your not changing mine so theres no point in argueing about it.  I don't want to be your or anyone elses enemy here.  I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway (like with the disabled people thing) I believe you that you don't want to get rid of them. :)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2008, 01:23:26 PM »
They fought, conquered and tortured in the name of the Christian god. They are Christians.

So if I hack into your account and post something you would never post, that makes me Boo Dudley because that's what I call myself?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print