Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 201262 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
Bottom line is this: I don't mind gay people, I really don't. I just been exposed to a lot in this area who are all Crocker-ish (NOT ALL), and it bothers the crap out of me. I admit I was wrong in saying that they speak stupidly, etc., all the time because not all of them do, and I didn't mean to say 100% of them do those things half the time. Crocker-ish ones = that bothers me; people who are just like "hey im gay and im chill with it and I act like anybody else" = cool. lol I mean, I have a couple gay friends and acquaintances, so it's not like I alienate them!!

Markio, I do apologize if I gave you or anyone else any type of BS.

And.... BP, apparently the "narcsissus" line was directed at me. Well, no, I'm not afraid at all of being hit on by gay dudes because I have already. When someone does hit on me I let them know; not in a mean way at all... I just say "Hey, I have a girlfriend" and they get the message that I'm straight and taken.... Only when they start trying to relentlessly convince me to like them/do stuff with them, then I'll have to smack some people around.... kinda like when Chris Cabla and his little buddy tried to seduce me at school... yeah, that's why I said "dont hit on me or i'll knock you out" because... I don't want their advance to go any further after that point.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:14 AM »
Why is there a preponderance of lisping gays?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2008, 12:44:18 AM »
Not directed at you exactly, but there are plenty of people at my school who say similar things. There are a million things I wish I could say to the people in this town. Most of the people who live here are extreme conservatives (it's close to a military base, you see). But as I said, I can't say these things. I'm not good at talking. I pause a lot, I stutter sometimes, I forget what I'm about to say... So what I'm saying is, I'm sorry if it's all stacking up and seeming like I'm targeting you.

In fact I'll agree with you on the point that people who throw their gayness around are annoying. But I think the same thing about people who are obnoxiously vocal about sex in general. There are better things to do with the weekend.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2008, 01:16:23 AM »
Nah, it's okay. I live right next to a military base too; actually, the largest army base in the world! Ft. Hood! It's in the Central Texas area.

« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2008, 02:00:09 AM »
Trainman, if gay people are hitting on you, stop acting so gay.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
Personally, I'd be flattered if anyone hit on me, since most people take that as a compliment.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
ShadowBrain: no one knows.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »
Pfft... I may as well mention this now off-handedly. I'm sexually straight as an arrow, but my experimental side is telling me I should date a dude at least once. Anything wrong with that? :P

« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
I've thought about that too several times. I never actually acted on any of urges
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:04:04 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »
Umm... if that thought ever crossed my mind, it didn't register anywhere above subconscious. Dangit, guys, you're going to make start agreeing with Turtlekid with that talk.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
Trainman, if gay people are hitting on you, stop acting so gay.

Wrong. They end up thinking I'm cute, not thinking I'm gay or acting gay.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
I know what Trainman's talking about. However I had that happen to me years and years ago back in middle school when I was a raging dorkaholic. Now that I just walk around in a black blazer with sunglasses on, I haven't had that problem.

The moral of the story, look/act like you hate everyone, and everyone will stop bothering you.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
Well, I was once a-cursed with a gay subconsious. Fortuantely, it disapeared. I'm straight.
Pfft... I may as well mention this now off-handedly. I'm sexually straight as an arrow, but my experimental side is telling me I should date a dude at least once. Anything wrong with that? :P
Well, thats like that song. "I Kissed A Girl." Don't let people know, at least. And make sure the guy is gay too HORRIBLY WRONG WORDING. I meant the guy is gay. Anyways, that will keep your rep normal.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »
Normally I hate anything that has to do with Carlos Mencia but one thing I did find funny was his song about being not sure whether you're gay or not. It parodies "If you're happy and you're know it, clap your hands (Clap clap)". It went something like, "If you don't know if you're gay, then you're gay! (clap clap)"

All humor aside, I think the whole perception of your own preference is pretty straight forward. It's really a black and white thing. (or in this case, black, grey, and white) Black being you're 100% sure you can't be aroused by a dude, white being you're 100% sure you can't be aroused by a chick, and grey where you can't take a side. It's not like in politics where you can be a moderate conservative, a radical liberal, a green independent, it just doesn't work that way in my opinion.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »
Well, there are bisexuals...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print