Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 201114 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2009, 02:06:37 PM »
Did you know that you could take every person on this earth and fit them all into an area the size of Texas?

So doing the right thing means simply rejecting one's feelings and bottling them up inside if they don't agree with The Bible? Keep in mind that if someone is truly really only attracted to men, however gets married to a woman, the end result just seems to me like a disaster. Something's gotta give.

Doing the right thing means deciding that God's law is more important than your personal preferences.

If someone is truly only attracted to men, he shouldn't get married at all, if it would indeed end up a disaster to get married to a woman.  

Not everyone gets married, whether gay or straight.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
Doing the right thing means deciding that God's law is more important than your personal preferences.

Not according to people who don't believe in God.

Do us all a favor Truttle and quit acting like your beliefs are absolute fact. They aren't. There's no real evidence other than your insurmountable stubborness. Same goes for Weegee.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »
Let's not get into one of these "YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE" fights.  Both sides will lose, I promise you.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »
Well, I'm not gonna claim that there's no evidence of a God existing, but I'm certainly to say that the beliefs around God are inconclusive, and I feel that as humans we should try and avoid making ourselves appear to be able to comprehend something that's clearly eons above us. Whatever deity's up there in the cosmos, we're practically ants compared to it. It shouldn't be any of our concern.

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
Did you know that you could take every person on this earth and fit them all into an area the size of Texas?

It doesn't matter though! We're not running out of space, WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF RESOURCES!

Let's face it, things are bad enough already. There are so many children in this world without food, water, electricity, and other vital resources. 6,000,000,000 is too [darn] high and 9,000,000,000 will be utterly unsustainable.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:13:52 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2009, 03:14:34 PM »
Did you know that oil is continually being produced underground?  That trees can be planted again?  That water is constantly recycled?  That living creatures reproduce?

What resources are we running out of?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
So what happens when the rate of resource consumption becomes greater than the rate of resource renewal? i.e., the current situation on Earth?
Whether you realize it or not, trees do not grow as fast as chainsaws cut them down. The petroleum underground was produced by plankton millions of years ago. That's why you find it in places that aren't oceans anymore. Theoretically it's still being produced but not at a rate equal or greater to our rate of consumption. Earth's atmosphere and oceans can remove a lot of pollutants from water, but nature isn't able to remove all the harmful manmade substances from it, especially not stuff like the horrible plastic soup in the ocean. No, water treatment plants really do not sufficiently clean water either. You can't remove radioactive isotopes from the rivers and lakes they're using to cool nuclear power plants. We're running out of rare earth minerals because we're close to having mined them all for use in lasers and LCD televisions. All these parts of the ecosystem will take millions of years to return to their proper balance if we ever manage to stop screwing things up. In short, learn science.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:33:42 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Did you know that oil is continually being produced underground?  That trees can be planted again?  That water is constantly recycled?  That living creatures reproduce?

What resources are we running out of?
Oil, trees, water, and living creatures.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
Hey

Aren't zombies great?

I mean... all dey do is eat... and eat... and eat... growing in number... just like you good... red white and blue Americans... ptooie
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
Someone is waiting on pins and needles for Dead Rising 2...

« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »
It. is. a. choice.

Since I can't put more then 1 quote in a reply, this is from Luigison:

"Turtlekid1, you should try to be gay.  Really try.  Give it a few of weeks.  Go on a date.  Watch some gay entertainment.  Look longingly into your dates eyes for several minutes.  Make out.  Enjoy it.  Want to do it again.  Be gay.

If you can force yourself to be gay, really gay, then it is a choice.  If you can't decide to be gay then someone who is gay probably can't just decide to be straight.  If you find it impossible to change your sexual orientation then stop calling others people's orientation a choice.

Do this sound like a fair challenge?"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
every

« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
In any case, I don't think I as a human being could deny an innocent person their basic right to love somebody.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:01:08 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »
No one is innocent.  Other than grace, that is the primary message of the Bible.

Since I can't put more then 1 quote in a reply, this is from Luigison:

"Turtlekid1, you should try to be gay.  Really try.  Give it a few of weeks.  Go on a date.  Watch some gay entertainment.  Look longingly into your dates eyes for several minutes.  Make out.  Enjoy it.  Want to do it again.  Be gay.

If you can force yourself to be gay, really gay, then it is a choice.  If you can't decide to be gay then someone who is gay probably can't just decide to be straight.  If you find it impossible to change your sexual orientation then stop calling others people's orientation a choice.

Do this sound like a fair challenge?"

I've responded to this before.  This is my last time explaining it, so PLEASE pay attention this time.

The desire to practice sodomy is an inclination.  Yes, some people will be pre-disposed towards it.  Some people are, unfortunately, exposed to circumstances from birth that cause them to think that way.  The choice comes in when they choose to either give in to or resist the sinful temptation.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »
And live a lie their whole life, pretending to love members of the opposite sex? How exactly is that good or virtuous?
every

Print