Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68892 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »
I've lost many friends due to pot and other drugs. But looking back on them, that's their personal choice and reflects on what kind of person they really are. Because of that, I don't feel bad about it because I don't want to be friends with weak minded imbeciles who can't control themselves.

It's the same logic with anyone else. Why should you care if people will harm themselves doing drugs? It doesn't concern you. If they're foolish enough to try it, then there should be no room for compassion.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
So you're saying they're immediately idiots the minute they try any kind of drug?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:01:54 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2008, 10:07:48 PM »
Furthermore, idiots deserve no love.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »
I thought one of the precepts of Christianity was to have compassion for like everybody.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »
The fine print being "unless the bible says when you shouldn't".
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
Eh, the Bible says a lot of things. Humans aren't perfect. Another big theme in Christianity is accepting the fact we aren't perfect (because we sin and don't have compassion for drug-addicts) and then repenting for it. So you're allowed to hate people and it's all good if you realize it's wrong.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
My memory on this subject isn't as great as it used to be, but the general message, Glorb, is both "don't be like those people" and "care for everyone."

Five minutes later...

Surprisingly enough, it appears that messages of "don't judge" appear in both the Old and New Testament: "Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. [Deuteronomy]," "A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. [Proverbs]," "Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. [Romans]"

And on compassion, Chupperson was completely correct: "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." [Ephesians 4:31-32] In context, however, this comes immediately after saying "don't be like the Gentiles."

What does this indicate for abusers of drugs? People who appreciate Christian ethics should neither scold nor imitate them, but help those willing to quit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:18:39 PM by Suffix »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2008, 11:13:15 PM »
...And then those "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" kids show up and bring the whole arguement full circle.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it sounds stupidly amusing.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »
All drugs should not be legal because if they were, everybody would be smoking something, car crash deaths would rise, things just wouldn't be done properly and our world would soon become the sun's wife (a mini sun) if that happened. But seriously, drugs should not be legalize if they can't help our society in a positive manner.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »
I really think they should legalize marijuana because it's not a drug, it's an herb. Not that I use it or plan to use it, just that it's dumb to outlaw a plant. I also think it's dumb to outlaw mushrooms.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
Then they should make cocain legal because it's a stimulant, not a drug.
And they should make PCP legal because it's a narcotic, not a drug.
And they should make killing someone legal because it's killing someone, not murder.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »
While I hardly agree with either of the above posts, Glorb's comparisons are sadly lacking in logic.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

Print