Print

Author Topic: Somali pirate being tried in the US  (Read 26750 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »
Yeah, these guys aren't even raping any of their prisoners. They have a long way to go before becoming true, classic pirates.

YOU JUST RUINED THE IMAGE OF PIRATES FOR ME
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
Surely, given that these piracy attacks are happening on the Somali coast, the US has no legal juristiction over what happens there, right? Because if so, then the US has no right to arrest this man (or any like him), and send him to the US for trial.
I'm pretty sure there's laws about it. Besides, as previously mentioned, Somalia doesn't have a government, so we might as well take care of it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's laws about it. Besides, as previously mentioned, Somalia doesn't have a government, so we might as well take care of it.

We might as well help them, yes. I don't see anything happening if Obama just sends the kid back to his country.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »
Tonight's South Park episode goes along with the article Chupperson linked.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:34:38 PM by TEM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »
I thought it was funny, though the ending had something of a Watchmen effect: All the pirates you see throughout the episode, regardless of the number of lines or importance to plot, get gunned down by the marines at the end. However, by then they've become sympathetic characters.
every

Print