Print

Author Topic: Extremely Important Issues For Adults (please leave all joking at the door)  (Read 11358 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
So who's in favor of putting up a giant suppression field so no one can have babies? That way, the population crisis is solved and no retarded babies (i.e., anyone who disagrees with this) are born, and there's less money to spend on denim jumpsuits for everybody to wear and fewer Civil Protection officers required to police the population.

So who's in favor of my idea?
every

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
*laughs*

Jokes aside, I'd like to have a child of my own one day since my brother and sister don't seem interested. Someone's gotta carry on the family legacy (or lack thereof).

Then again, we do have an evident population crisis on our hands. I've always been a lone wolf anyway, so I could live without getting married/having children/yadayadayada.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
Mike Judge did Office Space? I didn't know that.
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »
Actually I've always thought for years that sterilizing the human population for a decade would work wonders for everyone. Famine and starvation would go down, overcrowding would stop temporarily, people could all have all the sex they want without having kids thus neutralizing the abortion debate for the time it takes place, etc...
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
people could all have all the sex they want without having kids thus neutralizing the abortion debate for the time it takes place, etc...

Not the moral debate...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »
Well duh, but it would be arbitrary at that point.
= = = = = = =

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
Morality can't be arbitrary by definition (but let's not get into this debate again; it'll just end in hard feelings on both sides, and it's off-topic).

Also, if the government ever thinks they can just sterilize me with no fuss, they've got another think coming.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:55:57 AM by Turtlekid1 »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »
Only sterilizing the useless, do-nothing welfare cases would help. Preventing the human race from procreating en mass would probably cause a tremendous problem in the work and consumer sector after a few decades. Lots of factories, skyscrapers and shopping malls, but not enough people to operate them or consume the products and/or services they provide.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:43:20 PM by TEM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
The saying is "If they think (x), they've got another think coming". Accursed Judas Priest. And yeah, that long of a procreational gap would cause mega havoc with civilization.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:28 PM »
OK, so I was just about to post this;
"
Also, if the government ever thinks they can just sterilize me with no fuss, they've got another thing coming.
No, they've got another think coming. Don't be ignorant. Don't use the wrong versions of phrases like the one above."

But my brother beat me to the correction.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »
Morality can't be arbitrary by definition (but let's not get into this debate again; it'll just end in hard feelings on both sides, and it's off-topic).

I was referring to the debate of legality, not the debate or morality.
= = = = = = =

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 12:25:18 AM »
Why argue with the Metal Gods?

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
This parody is becoming popular fast. We have to hunt down Glorb before that happens.
Yay!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 07:58:41 AM »
The saying is "If they think (x), they've got another think coming". Accursed Judas Priest. And yeah, that long of a procreational gap would cause mega havoc with civilization.
OK, so I was just about to post this;
"No, they've got another think coming. Don't be ignorant. Don't use the wrong versions of phrases like the one above."

But my brother beat me to the correction.

Okay, okay, edited.  Jeez.

Although I think my mistake is a more accurate portrayal of the situation; the government wouldn't have another think coming, because there would be no logical thought involved in the decision.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
This parody is becoming popular fast. We have to hunt down Glorb before that happens.

sadib I'd appreciate it if you left all joking at the door, please.
every

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 12:34:48 AM »
You fail to recognize my serious genius.
Yay!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
Sadib, door. Leave your joking there.
every

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
I don't need to slay you anymore, because this topic is basically dead. We are the only two posters left. I suggest you keep your life at the door, because that's where jokes belong.
Yay!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
Sadib please stop this joking and then go over to the door and then put it there and then come back sans jokery.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
"Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of killing unwanted babies, it's just that the idea of letting women make a decision doesn't sit well with me." - Zach Braff on abortion.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »
I want to make a joke but I'm still laughing!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »
"Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of killing unwanted babies, it's just that the idea of letting women make a decision doesn't sit well with me." - Zach Braff on abortion.
Wow, Luigison, I think you became a /b/tard in record time.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 08:33:43 PM »
Isn't that the kid in High School Musical that looks exactly like Light?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
I think that this should happen for ten or fifteen years. I don't care because I am not planning to have kids. This is the first, last and only time I will ever say this, but if the government decides to make us all sterile, they should cover it up so all of the religious freaks don't freak out and start complaining about how god is the one to decide whether or not we have children. But while sterilizing us, who knows what else they will do in the process. Stick mind reading discs into the skull, or tracking chips under the skin. On second though, I think it is a bad idea for the government to sterilize everyone.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »
Well, if you like forced sterilizations, you'll love Obama's science czar.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »
if the government decides to make us all sterile, they should cover it up so all of the religious freaks don't freak out and start complaining about how god is the one to decide whether or not we have children.

Ooo, wouldn't want someone objecting to your plans, now would we?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
Forced sterilization is happening in the military already, you just don't want it happening to you. All you need to do is act on your congressman now if you want it to prevent it from happening!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print