Print

Author Topic: OMGlobalWarmingTFHAX  (Read 19751 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 11:57:31 PM »
Yeah, you can't really even say that though. Since you just made up what a "hardcore greenie" was.
That was a joke.

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
All "greenies" want the same goal: a safer, cleaner environment for the future and for our children. There's no such thing as a "hardcore" greenie.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
Well, everyone wants a safer, cleaner environment.  If all it takes to be an environmentalist is taking care of the earth (as is commanded by God in Genesis), then sign me up.

The problem arises when radical environmentalists (hereafter labeled "greenies") try to take away the rights of the working man in the name of protecting the earth.  This may come as a shock, but the earth is a remarkably sturdy piece of work.  Does that mean we have license to pollute and demolish it as we see fit?  I should certainly hope not.  But it's rather foolish to think that a bunch of insignificant ants (hereafter labeled "mankind") can affect the planet as much as some are suggesting in such a short amount of time.

Of course, when the politicians realized the concept and theory of global warming could give them an excuse to exert more control over the taxpayers, they were all but sold.  That's the way dictators come into power; they take advantage of a crisis (which may or may not be real) and muscle in when everyone else is losing his head. 

It's utterly backwards to put the well-being of plants and animals above that of man, and just as backwards to send our level of technology back into medieval times over a theory that hasn't been and will never be proven scientifically.  What are you going to do if a country, say, China, doesn't agree to cut their emissions (and it doesn't appear that they will)?  Are you going to go to war over it?  That's a bit extreme.  Are you going to impose trade embargoes on them?  That might work if we weren't up to our eyeballs in debt to them.  This is all to say nothing of developing countries in Africa.  Is it really fair to them to impose restricting carbon emissions?  The DDT scare has already prevented their growth and success once, and in my opinion, that's one time too many.

There are good people like you, PL, who legitimately care about our well-being, and then there are the politicians and fear mongers who care only about the money and power to be gained.  The latter ones, who want to halt the People's way of life for nothing, are the ones I have a beef with.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
Okay, it's honestly pretty stupid to say that humans are more important than plants. Without plants, humans wouldn't be able to breathe the air. The well-being of plants is required for the well-being of people. Also you need plants to absorb all the extra CO2 in the atmosphere.
That was a joke.

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
It's utterly backwards to put the well-being of plants and animals above that of man, and just as backwards to send our level of technology back into medieval times over a theory that hasn't been and will never be proven scientifically. 

We won't be though. A lot of jobs will be created if our government invests in green technology. The only loser will be the oil industry.

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Okay, it's honestly pretty stupid to say that humans are more important than plants.

That depends on how one defines "important". It's true from a scientific standpoint, but little else.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »
Being alive is a pretty important thing for me.
That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
Nature has an aesthetic value, perhaps more so than humans.

We can't survive without it. We need to do our best to preserve it even if it isn't in danger.

Print