Poll

Which was better?

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
18 (81.8%)
Sega Genesis
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Super Nintendo vs. Sega  (Read 22636 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
Genesis was just better guys, stop being fanboys.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
No way, Kansas totally kicked their butts.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
I was always partial to Rush and Yes.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
Pink Floyd is still the master of prog rock, you cretinous neanderthals.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »
The truth about Pink Floyd.

And the SNES is better than the Genesis, guys. Unless you seriously think that Sonic the Hedgehog is better than Super Mario World? That Thunder Force III is better than Gradius III? That Air Buster is better than Darius Twin? That Zero Wing is better than Phalanx? That Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is better than Kirby's Avalanche? That Columns is better than Tetris Attack? That Streets of Rage is better than Final Fight? That Shining Force is better than Tactics Ogre? That Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star IV are better than MOTHER 2 and Final Fantasy IV?

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
That's where I was going with that "iconic series" comment. Aside from Sonic, Sega's consoles have been chronically deprived of longstanding, prolific, consistent, dependable franchises. NiGHTS and that game with the sombrero-wearing, maraca-playing monkeys don't count.

Also, I'm actually not particularly fond of Pink Floyd for the reason stated in that post. However, I'd put it more like this:

.................................................["Finally! The actual song is starting!"](song ends)
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
Are you sure this doesn't belong in Video Game Chat?

Genesis was just better guys, stop being fanboys.
Your custom title is so fitting right now.

Sega didn't stand a chance with that weird blue hedgehog.  Good thing they came up with Shadow later.

This makes my face hurt.

Oh, and SNES all the way. Nice sound chip and totally not rediculous game library, Genesis guys!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:22:09 AM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
That Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is better than Kirby's Avalanche?

Can I take this time to point out that this is exactly the same game on two seperate systems, with different sets of characters plugged in?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »
I preferred Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine in that regard because of better level music. I never got past level one, but come on, Kirby can't compare to this music.

As for Tetris Attack which is just Panel de Pon with Yoshi characters... I was a little suspicious at first about how happy it was (look at the colorful intro), though I realize now that's because the original game looked like that. I'd much rather play as characters from the Yoshi universe than random anime girls. But it's a good thing the awesome music was left as-is. I tend to remember Tetris Attack more for its music than gameplay.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »
Toad, I fully expected someone to point that out, which is why I used the Puyo Puyo example in the first place. And even though they're identical in terms of gameplay (both using the ruleset from the original Puyo Puyo), I'd still say Kirby's Avalanche is the superior conversion, if only because it's more of a Kirby game than Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is a Sonic game. (penguinwizard, Kirby's Avalanche uses remixes of themes from other Kirby games, while Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine uses remixes of actual Puyo Puyo music.)

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 12:39:54 AM »
Well, Puyo Puyo's music sounds pretty good then.

And I suspect this thread was in the Dinner Table forum because of the potential for getting into a shouting match over which is better. Which surprisingly doesn't seem to have happened.

And that Pink Floyd comment/reply is right on. I didn't even know half their songs had a melody because I have to wade through several minutes of atmosphere and UFO sounds first. While I kind of like the band, I just get tired quickly of how unconventional the music is compared to everything else. Atmospheric music usually isn't memorable for me because it's so in the background you don't realize it's there. The two Pink Floyd songs I like are "Breathe" (even though its really short and I can't be bothered to think about what the lyrics mean) and "Great Gig In The Sky" (the wailing, man, it's timeless. I'd love to hear people's reactions when they first heard that song, since I don't quite know how to react to a song with mournful screaming).
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »
So basically you've half-listened to Dark Side of the Moon once?
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 12:53:02 AM »
This thread shouldn't be Not at the Dinner Table, er...I mean, it should be at the Dinner Table because this is The Mushroom Kingdom. I'm actually befuddled how Genesis has three votes!

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
SNES all the way.

Nintendo has always focused on making family games, as for Sega, they have made games JUST for the money.

Where has it got them?

It got Nintendo to be the BIGGEST gaming company currently going.

It got Sega...nothing, seriously, they don't even make gaming systems anymore.

So, SNES is definitely the best.

What does Sega have anymore? Sonic. what does Nintendo have? Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Starfox, Metroid and Donkey Kong.

See the difference?
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 05:14:28 PM »
Worst post ever. Seriously, just never post again on any forum ever.
every

Print