Print

Author Topic: 3 Year Old Girl Shoots Self in Wii-Related Incident  (Read 17373 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
Eh, I'm still kind indifferent. At first glance, yes, they may appear to be the ever so slightly the same, but give yourself a half second more to think, and it should instantly hit you... or at least occur to you to *check* instead of just saying, "Oh, guess it's a toy."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »
A three-year-old doesn't have the capacity to make such refined judgements. In her mind, that big black shiny thing was the WiiMote add-on, and nothing else. Kotaku agrees.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
I'm one of the few liberals who is against gun control. Maybe it's the Texan in me.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »
A three-year-old doesn't have the capacity to make such refined judgements. In her mind, that big black shiny thing was the WiiMote add-on, and nothing else. Kotaku agrees.

No, Weegee. I'm talking about the mother. Also, does anyone have any word on the Wii gun? Is it third party or what?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:31:07 PM by Trainman »

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »
Oh, alright then.

As for the gun, that Kotaku article mentions that it was produced by HAIHONGCHANG, a Chinese company. At least the blame won't be falling on Nintendo this time.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
I dunno... I wouldn't be so sure. I can only imagine that Jack Thompson and the gun control folks are already oscar mike in their hybrid charter buses as we speak.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
I don't see anything (besides the posts in this thread) that suggests the mother thought it was a Wii remote. She only said the daughter thought it was.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:39 PM »
[PL's pic]

Yup, that's Canada in a nutshell. Having the SWAT team bust down your door every other week is indeed a bit of a nuisance.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 11:36:24 PM »
I don't see anything (besides the posts in this thread) that suggests the mother thought it was a Wii remote. She only said the daughter thought it was.

If remember correctly, the article explains that the mother did see the firearm/child playing with the firearm and thought it was a "Wii Controller Gun."

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Quote from: GoNintendo article
Ashe said the girl's mother was in the same room and the stepfather was asleep when it happened. The mother told investigators her daughter could have thought the gun was a controller for a Nintendo Wii.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »
And the Destructoid article doesn't indicate that the mother thought the weapon was a controller either.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
Whoa, all right man, I get it. So I didn't remember correctly.

That still brings up another point: The mother was in the same room when it happened... that must mean that either she had justwalked into the room, or she didn't have enough time to react when her daughter grabbed the gun and shot herself. Or, lastly, she just straight up didn't notice whatsoever until it was too late.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »
Anyone who doesn't think this was the parents' fault completely and fully is legally mentally retarded.

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »
It's Nintendo's fault for making a console for which third-party developers could make peripherals which vaguely resemble firearms to sell to irresponsible parents. Case closed.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
The mother might have been on something.

Print