Poll

What is your sexual/romantic orientation?

Heterosexual
29 (69%)
Homosexual
6 (14.3%)
Bisexual
2 (4.8%)
Pansexual
0 (0%)
Hetero-romantic asexual
1 (2.4%)
Homo-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Bi-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Pan-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Aromantic asexual
0 (0%)
Unsure / "it's complicated" / other
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Print

Author Topic: Sexual Orientation  (Read 121199 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
I scored 0 Heterosexuality (1st percentile), 66 Homosexuality(90th percentile), and 27 Asexuality(36th percentile)!

Man you people are straight.   ...er.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
See, now, Suffix, I can't tell if you're playing along or being serious.

Man you people are sexual.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
So, LD is more gay than Markio is straight?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »
Playing along and being serious, I suppose. LD, also a name-caller of sorts, doesn't need any defense, but I'm just saying one's personal tastes do not make him/her inherently opposed to another person who has different tastes. Not that you could easily tell by looking at American politics, but seriously, now...

"Suffix scored 84 Heterosexuality, 6 Homosexuality, and 27 Asexuality!"

I guess that just means I'm starved for interaction in general, eh?

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »
Quite the opposite to homophobic: I think I got my 2 Homo-Points because I wouldn't be offended if a dude asked me out.

And if lack of phobia is supposed to raise my Flame Rank then I'm much gayer than that test lets on. I'm very comfortable touching men (titty twisting, sac tapping, running my fingers through their sweaty tousled hair, etc.).

« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »

Overall results. Scored 71% on Heterosexuality, higher than 79% of everyone else. Scored 6% on Homosexuality, higher than 8% of everyone else. I also got 25% on Asexuality, higher than 32% of everyone else. "You are either straight or bisexual (with an interest in the opposite gender) with a moderate to high sex drive."
Relics.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:04 PM »
Oh, hey, Wonkette found that book. Mine was the "pretty much a straightforward sex-ed text with an overlay of God stuff" one, not the loopy A Beka Book book. And they don't mention it on there, but it was the fourth and final book in a series.

By contrast, on the subject of slang terms for the genitals, Facing the Facts dismisses some as “not wrong, just silly,” and presents a loose rationale for rejecting others:
But some slang is dirty or rude and should not be used. It takes what God made to be good and treats it as if it were evil. Some of the slang men use to talk about women’s bodies is insulting, either because the words are ugly or because they imply that women’s bodies are “to be used” by men. This is wrong.

But slang is also often used because we are uncomfortable talking about our sexuality and feel nervous about using the correct words. In this book we will mostly use the words doctors use, unless those words are too complicated. Because our bodies were made by God, and sex is God’s idea, we don’t have to use slang.

So yeah, good thought, but the double standard implying that only slang words about female genitalia can be wrong always seemed odd to me. And now I can articulate why.

(Reading the Christian textbook series on there (search "Sundays with the Christianists") is oddly nostalgic for me. I definitely had that history book, and I'm remembering a lot of these passages. Good opportunity to go back and examine assumptions I may not even realize I had picked up from all those Bob Jones and A Beka Book books (incidentally, in case you haven't noticed already, it sounds really stupid when a publishing company has "Book" as the last word in its name).)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2013, 07:36:12 AM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »
Good opportunity to go back and examine assumptions I may not even realize I had picked up from all those Bob Jones and A Beka Book books
Oh hey, I remember Bob Jones textbooks. None of those memories are really fond ones. I have some even-less-fond memories of Bob Jones University, where those books came from.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »
Homo-Points
Requesting a "best phrase" category for the 2013 awards.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Too bad Black Mage isn't around to ask LD out. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
I guess this is kind of a bump, but I don't care because this topic is interesting and I personally could talk about it for ages. Also, its one of the uncommon-rare serious discussions on here (Unless I'm just missing them all, which is pretty possible as well)

First, though..

the selection of single attractive gay/bi Christian guys in small towns in upstate New York is sparser than you might think.

CE7, I happen to be a gay guy living in upstate New York, and although I'm not Christian, my parents attempted to raise me as such so I understand a lot of it (even if I don't agree with it). The attractive/single part.. not so much. But guys do exist around here, you just gotta know where to look ;P

Anyway, being gay as you may or may not know, I find it rage-inducing when someone asks me why I'm gay. I mean, I understand that they would ask that because its not the social norm, but its still aggravating. Its like asking a dog why he's a dog.

This leads me into my next proposal: Schools should start teaching students about homosexuality. I'm not saying it has to be a separate course, but if it was mixed into biology or health ed or something then it would be helpful. Especially considering how almost 50% of Americans identify as pansexual, bisexual, or gay. People need to be educated on the subject, considering all the bull[dukar] with political correctness that's going on right now. Not to mention its polite. Anyway, that's my little rant on the subject.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
50%? Lemme see your bibliography.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »
Okay that's a teeny bit of an exaggeration. But you get my point regardless.its actually only 3.8% but you get the idea.. that's still 9 million people..
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
This is the second time I've heard the "half of everybody in the country is gay" statistic. I'd like to not hear it again without some credible sources.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print