Poll

What is your sexual/romantic orientation?

Heterosexual
29 (69%)
Homosexual
6 (14.3%)
Bisexual
2 (4.8%)
Pansexual
0 (0%)
Hetero-romantic asexual
1 (2.4%)
Homo-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Bi-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Pan-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Aromantic asexual
0 (0%)
Unsure / "it's complicated" / other
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Print

Author Topic: Sexual Orientation  (Read 120355 times)

« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2013, 11:53:44 PM »
I would call it sharing if she were a lifeless object. But hey, to each his own I suppose.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »
I may be in the minority here, but seeing as I value love over sex, I think I'd actively turn down a polyamorous relationship if the opportunity arose.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
I thought I told Deezer to restore ShadowBrian's account but it's obviously still hacked.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
PL and LD's discussion reminded me of

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1ymoKPTAk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1ymoKPTAk</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2013, 03:59:14 AM »
MtF lesbian here. And apparently one of the six that voted homosexual in the poll. Yay~
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »
I may be in the minority here, but seeing as I value love over sex, I think I'd actively turn down a polyamorous relationship if the opportunity arose.

Same. Call me traditionalist, but I believe in one true love with one person whether gay or straight, rather than a bunch of concubines around the house.

Btw I am straight and have voted as such.
Now with grandeur.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
I find it ironic that you used the words "traditionalist" and "concubines" in the way that you did.

I'm pretty sure that's irony, at least. Maybe dramatic irony.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
He's very traditionalist.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
I find it ironic that you used the words "traditionalist" and "concubines" in the way that you did.

I'm pretty sure that's irony, at least. Maybe dramatic irony.

How so? I meant traditionalist as being what Americans and most Europeans believe is normal these days.
Now with grandeur.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »
If you'd said "Call me a traditionalist, but I'm not into casual sex and free love," that'd be one thing, traditionalism against the modern-day sexual revolution (in the 60s and 70s, but relatively modern-day). But to say "Call me a traditionalist, but I'm not into concubines," is ironic, because concubines are a tradition from thousands of years ago, not a modern invention. Rather, the word "concubine" sounds extraordinarily dated to modern ears, and brings to mind familial arrangements that would be repulsive to us today because of our more egalitarian views toward women. Men treating women as people rather than property (ala concubines) is more a modern concept than a traditional one, particularly in the grand scheme of history.

Further, most people today know the word "concubine" because it's in the Bible, and most of the time today when we hear someone talking about "tradition" in regards to sexuality, it's someone saying same-sex marriage should be illegal because Bible. Of course, the inherent contradiction between the people saying "The Bible defines marriage as one man and one woman" and the Bible itself defining marriage as "one man and multiple wives (just don't marry sisters like Jacob did, because that was awkward), and also multiple concubines and maidservants, and you can have a baby with the maidservant of one of your wives and it'll count as that wife's baby" exists anyway, but to hear someone saying "I believe in traditional marriage, not concubines!" kind of brings that contradiction to the forefront.

You, of course, were not saying anything about same-sex relationships, and this isn't meant to presume where your feelings lie on them. Words do have baggage, though, and those are the thoughts that went through my mind when I read your post. I get what you're saying, but using that word specifically kind of muddled your point in an amusing way. Monogamy is more traditional than having multiple partners in the context of the last 300 years or so of Western society ("these days"), but bringing the word (and hence the concept) "concubines" into the picture suddenly shifts the scope from a couple centuries of Western culture to several millennia of Western and Middle/Near Eastern culture, and from that vantage point, monogamy has not been the norm.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally down with having an extra three or four women around to bang, but as far as a satisfyingly personal and emotionally intimate relationship goes, it's one or none with me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2013, 12:37:17 AM »
PL and LD's discussion reminded me of

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1ymoKPTAk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1ymoKPTAk</a>

On an unrelated note, I should really watch Seinfeld.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »
I enjoy having sex with women.

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »

Print