Poll

Is his health care reform or deform?

Reform
7 (43.8%)
Deform
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Print

Author Topic: Obama care  (Read 40079 times)

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
Obama's health care system boasts one key attribute which ours lacks: The retainment of the private health-care system, which, if instated in Canada, would remove the issue of government officials jumping ship altogether. In such a two-tiered system, all citizens would have access to public care, while those willing to pay for private could do so, thereby shortening the waiting list for everyone else. Simply put, ObamaCare has the makings to be more effective than our system.

moving toward a health care system resembling Canada's when their own government officials ... are coming here for medical treatment is probably not very smart.

Obama's proposed system is devoid of the flaw which caused that, voiding your concern.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2010, 10:13:29 PM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
Behold, the portrait of just another sad, destitute victim of America's insufficient medical care for the poor.

(The gorilla, I mean. Not Rao.)
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
(The gorilla, I mean. Not Rao.)

You lie!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »
The bill has cleared the House on a 219-212 vote. Obama has finally achieved the national health insurance that presidents (of both parties) have been trying and failing to get passed since Theodore Roosevelt's time.

Gratz.

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2010, 01:19:49 AM »
We can partially thank Bush. His incompetence brought enough Democrats to the House in 2006 to pass the bill.

He should focus on the environment next.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:22:40 AM by PaperLuigi »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »
So you do support rich people getting the quickest and best care, while the poor get none. (i.e., capitalism)
I support everyone working and paying his own way, not depending on nanny government to nurse him from womb to tomb.  How many times must I say that while it's not a good thing that poor people aren't getting health insurance, it's not the government's job to give it to them, and certainly not their job to force people to buy insurance.

He should focus on the environment next.
Y-you're serious about this, aren't you?  Doesn't it scare you that the government is already going to control what we eat?  What more do you want taken away from you? 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »
Y-you're serious about this, aren't you?  Doesn't it scare you that the government is already going to control what we eat?  What more do you want taken away from you? 

We need to do something about global warming or we're going down the [dukar]ter. Sorry if actually caring about the environment more than myself scares you.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »
Whoa, that is wrong on several levels.

Level one: Most real scientists agree that [human-caused] global warming has been debunked.
Level two: Yeah, people caring about the environment more than their own well-being, especially when the environment doesn't need any help, scares me.
Level three: Even if it weren't wrong on the other two levels, I repeat: IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB TO REGULATE IT.  It is not the government's job to do anything but to protect its country's residents from domestic and foreign threats; in other words, to provide a military and criminal justice system - that's why I find it so ironic that the military seems to be the only area of government that's getting budget cuts.

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »
Level one: Most real scientists agree that [human-caused] global warming has been debunked.

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »

...proof?

Level two: Yeah, people caring about the environment more than their own well-being, especially when the environment doesn't need any help, scares me.

Typical Calvinist.

EDIT: Congratulations, your comment contained so much fail that Lizard Dude was forced to post that picture.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:35:52 AM by PaperLuigi »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 10:10:20 AM »
...proof?
These videos from this article, as well as this page for just a couple of examples of reasonable evidence.

Typical Calvinist.
Not sure what this has to do with reformed theology, apart from the usual (that is, my entire worldview is due to my belief in God).  But I'm not seeing a specific relation.

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 10:18:30 AM »
Calvinism is nothing more than a superiority complex. Why worry about the well-being of others when you and only you are saved? This applies to the environment, animals, people affected by global warming, etc.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:22 AM »
Calvinism is nothing more than a superiority complex. Why worry about the well-being of others when you and only you are saved? This applies to the environment, animals, people affected by global warming, etc.
Um, because they're not saved?

I don't get what you're saying... that you think I'm content to... rest on my laurels, if you will?  Do you really think I'd be debating this if I were?  Do you think I'm saying these things for vindictive purposes, or that I don't give a hedgehog's patootie about it?  I'm saying them because I can't in good conscience let you and people who share your beliefs just keep staring at the headlights without at least attempting a warning. 

Because if I'm sure of my own salvation, you think I have no reason to care about others.

Typical atheist.

Okay, seriously, though - try to understand where I'm coming from here.  It's ridiculous to assume that I'm not concerned about others' well-being when you of all people should know that Jesus commands us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves (again, if I weren't scared for the unsaved, I wouldn't be bothering to type this out).  In fact, I've said many times that I do think it's a bad thing that there are so many people without health coverage, and that I do believe in good stewardship of the earth.  What I'm arguing against is the idea that the government needs to regulate and coerce people into providing and caring.  I've also said before that if you have to force someone to do good, then the good deeds are worthless.  It's the same attitude that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for over and over and over again.

Also, you obviously don't understand Calvinism at all if you think it's a superiority complex.  It's about as far away from it as you can get.

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 11:00:05 AM »
I'm saying them because I can't in good conscience let you and people who share your beliefs just keep staring at the headlights without at least attempting a warning. 

Because if I'm sure of my own salvation, you think I have no reason to care about others.

I can't, in good conscience, let you keep staring at the headlights without at least attempting a warning either. I'm scared for the saved, so stop believing before it's too late.

Do you see what it sounds like?

Print