Poll

Is his health care reform or deform?

Reform
7 (43.8%)
Deform
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Print

Author Topic: Obama care  (Read 40384 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
The Army isn't the only thing getting budget cuts. NASA -- the part that could be doing actually useful stuff -- gets mega downsized like every year.
I can't figure out the straight story because some people say global warming is in full force, other places I've heard that we're entering a mini ice age; if not that then I hear that the earth's climate is changing due to natural cycles and no one really has enough proof since, you know, correlation can't imply causation. HOWEVER, the environment is totally more important than say, starting wars up because we're trying to control the world.
Also, Turtlekid, where does it say the government is going to control what we eat? I'm pretty sure the government can't stop me from going to a local farmer's market to get actual food to cook myself.
That was a joke.

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 11:06:34 AM »
It would be in our best interest to clean up the environment even if global warming isn't happening (which it is, although some people confuse cold weather with global cooling).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
Yes, I am in full support of cleaning up the colossal mess we've been making.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
Also, Turtlekid, where does it say the government is going to control what we eat? I'm pretty sure the government can't stop me from going to a local farmer's market to get actual food to cook myself.
If they're going to be paying for your health insurance, they're going to be setting health policies, including those regarding your diet.

I can't, in good conscience, let you keep staring at the headlights without at least attempting a warning either. I'm scared for the saved, so stop believing before it's too late.

Do you see what it sounds like?

Completely ridiculous in your case, because if there's no God, the worst case scenario is that I live by a few unnecessary rules and restrictions; and when I die, nothing happens.  Not seeing any headlights there.  Perhaps you could clarify what danger I'm in?

It would be in our best interest to clean up the environment even if global warming isn't happening.
I agree; the environment shouldn't be trashed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
Completely ridiculous in your case, because if there's no God, the worst case scenario is that I live by a few unnecessary rules and restrictions; and when I die, nothing happens.  Not seeing any headlights there.  Perhaps you could clarify what danger I'm in?

You're in danger of not doing what's morally right. The absence of an afterlife does not designate the absence of danger.

I don't even need to explain the fallacies of Pascal's Wager.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
Moral right and wrongs can't exist without a Moral Standard; where are you getting yours?

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
A naturalistic explanation for the origin of morals. Evolution, basically.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »
If they're going to be paying for your health insurance, they're going to be setting health policies, including those regarding your diet.
I don't have any health insurance. I don't even go to a doctor. What are you talking about?

Also, here we go again with argument #82372 against the Golden Rule.
* Chupperson Weird sigh
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:39 PM »
I don't have any health insurance. I don't even go to a doctor. What are you talking about?
And now you're either going to have to buy health insurance or pay an extra tax for not doing so.

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
that's why I find it so ironic that the military seems to be the only area of government that's getting budget cuts.

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »
Land of the free, and land of the great it is no more.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2010, 02:13:25 PM »
lol the government can't do anything right we need less of it guys

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »
And now you're either going to have to buy health insurance or pay an extra tax for not doing so.
This is false. Anything that says otherwise is mere conjecture.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
lol the government can't do anything right we need less of it guys

[pic]

Whether the government can do anything right is irrelevant.  They shouldn't be doing any of that.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »

What's your problem, Cambodian?

Print