Print

Author Topic: Dpef Csfblfs  (Read 30436 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: October 05, 2004, 03:47:35 PM »
Break the code, whoever breaks the code makes a new code. There has to be a set pattern to this code, and only symbols/letters/numbers on the keyboard can be used.

The first code to break is the topic name.

Egg Power

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »
Answer: Code Breaker

New Code: 11 8 25 26 17 3 3 20 3 4 8 18 18 14 2 14 14 11

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 10/5/2004 4:30:52 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 08:45:25 PM »
Answer: lizarddudeissocool
All the double letters were throwing me off, so I went and made a letter-shifter.  So nyeh.

Next code: 15 26 3 8 0 20 5 25 17 22 17

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 10/6/2004 7:47:22 PM
Go Moon!

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 02:26:58 PM »
I made a code:

http://angelfire.com/electronic2/vidgmchtrpage/vidbackwards.mp3

Er.....Now how you know how the code works....You can break it easily...

Copy and paste.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 07:39:37 PM »
You are supposed to crack Fifth's code before presenting your own.

Egg Power

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 08:18:54 PM »
Hmm.
TEM's topic title makes me wonder if the songs in Druqks have coded messages for titles.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 05:17:31 PM »
I may as well give a hint, lest the thread die.

Hint:
If you're thinking there's a one-to-one corrolation between the numbers of the code and the letters of the message, you are mistaken.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

TEM

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »
Someone crack this Fifth's code for gold and glory.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
I've been working on it every day for the last seven years using all currently known cryptanalysis techniques as well as some I've developed myself during the project.

If the information behind this powerful code is ever finally revealed, it could have earth-shattering implications for our future.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
LD has directed my attention back towards this thread, and it seems I do still remember the reasoning behind the code well enough to figure it out, so here's another hint:

The number of numbers in the code exceeds the number of letters in the resulting message by one.

Just don't overthink it.  It's really quite simple.
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
More little hints:

There is no need to rearrange anything, be it the numbers or the resulting letters.
Every number is important, even that zero.
There are no spaces or special characters in the resulting message, only letters.
Go Moon!

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »
Answer: KWEHTOTHEE

After seeing the hint yesterday, I (correctly) figured what the solution must involve, but didn't work it out until today when goaded by the new hints.

Next code:  H. .HC X,OO CFCV DVQDI BY,W D.EC

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
Hooray, you got it!

Yours is pretty perplexing.  I'm not really sure where to start...
Go Moon!

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »
I'll give you a hint in seven years.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
You are too generous. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
* Toad whips out his ocarina and plays the Song of Time
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »
I think we all need to work together.
Anyone know the method used?

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
This code is definately not monoalphabetical or polyalphabetical. The thing that's throwing me off is the puctuation.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
Syllables, prehaps?

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »
Next code:  H. .HC X,OO CFCV DVQDI BY,W D.EC

Think I've got it.

Answer: No one will ever crack this code
Lizard Dude coded it by looking at the keyboard letter two below the letter, not including the number keys or the space bar. It loops around as well; for example, the first letter, N, is H because it loops back through Y then to H.

I'm not in a very code-y sort of mood, someone else want to provide one? If I'm right that is.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 01:31:37 AM »
Fe, zt xlzi ek Koiiy Clct Dikrk.
Yfek wxi'k rxbulbslcai.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 01:33:05 AM »
Hey, nice, you got it!

I was actually thinking of it as "one up" not "two down" but same difference.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
Yfek wxi'k rxbulbslcai.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
...................::,..........................:=~:::,~....,.....,,..............................,==,..................
....................................,~:...::::?+?=?+==::,,,~:=,~~.......................................................
..............::~,..................:~~,,~:+7II?~~,,:,......,:=+~?.....................................................:
...............,~~~...................,I~I7+=::.+~~=:,............,~::..................................................
...................................,++II++,:,,:~:::,,,~:............::~~:..,............................................
................,,...............:++77?=,...,+,,.::~:,::,,:~:,..........,=~.............................................
...............................,~?I?+~:,,,~~?=~:,,~:~=~::::::::::,.......,:+:.......................,~=,................
............................,,:~II=+~,,~+=~7=~::,:,~=~~:,,,:~:,,,::,.......~,~:I....:~...............==.................
............................,+~+II+:==II==?7~~~:::,:::~~~,,,::::,,,::,.......,==~...==,.................................
............................~I?==~==I+I+=+I+~=~~,::~~:::?=:::,~=,,:,,,.......,~I7=......................................
............................~I=+=+I7I?I==I+=~,==:::~~~:::::::,::~,::..,,......,~I7:.....................................
...........................:+I~I77777??+?==7:,:+:?::~=~::::,,,,,::::,..,,.......=77~....................................
..........................,=III7I777777+7+I7~~:~?:??~~~~~:::::,::,,:,,.,,......,:I7,....................................
........................,,~+7I77777777I+?+77=~~:+?::~:::~~~::::::::,,,..,.......,I7=....................................
..........................=?II777777+++?==?+++~~:=I=~~=~~:::::~:,:.,,...,.,.....:?7?....................................
......................,..,II~=7I?I77I7~~==++?+~~~~++=~~~:=::::::,,.,,,..,,.......~77?:..............,...................
.....................~...+7+I=7?+77I?7~===I?+?:~~+?===~=~~~:::~:,..,,,,,,........:77I+............,I 7..................
.....................,..:I:,:=7I+7777?~==??++?~~=====~~=::::~:~:,..,.,,,..........=I+?=............777..................
.......................~?==:,=77?7777===I=I=:?:I~~=+==~~:::::~:,...,,,,,,.........,=I?7,................................
......................:~+:,,,:77+7777++++=+I::~=+?+=~~~~~~~~~~:,..,.,,............,~777I................................
......................+7=,:,,,77?77I?~=+=+~=~~+7I++==~~=~=~~~:,...,.,,............,~+I77................................
....,.................:7=,,,.,?7I77I====+=??I+:=I7II+++==~~:,:......,..,..,........:??+7+...............................
......................I7?~::.:?II7I===++==?~~?=~++++====~:,::,..........,...........~+I?7~..............................
......................+I7~::~:7I?+=====~=?=,:??+=+++=~~~,:,,::,........,...,........,=777+.......................::.....
........,:............+=?=,,::7+=====+===+~=,=II=~=:~:.,,,,,::,..........,.,.........:7777..............................
.....,,.::..,:..,,...:+7I~,,,,I~=~::~==~~~:+,,~::~:,.,:..,.,:,,,..........:.........,,+I77,.............................
.....,...............,77=~,:,.,~,::,==:,:~+?~:,...~,=I~,,~~:,.,,.........:,,........,:=I77=.:...........................
....:~,..............,?7+~.,..,,:::=77~:=+I?~:,...:7I?++~~~~::~,,,.......,:,,......~,:=I777,............................
..,,.....~~:........:,?7+~:,,:,,I777?==+?+??~:,..:~:I7I?+=~~~:,~,,......,~:,:,:.....~:~+?77~............................
..,,................:=I?+,,..~:,?777+++?=??+~,,.,::~~=??++=~::,,,,......,,,,:,,,.,..,:=?I7II............................
....................:+I?=?:,~:,,+777====777==~:,.,:~~~:~~==~:::,,,.......~:,:,.,..,.,,=I?777............................
....................~=7=?~=:~,,:=77?+III77+===,.,,,=+=~~:~~~::,,........,:,:,,..,,~.,===II77~...........................
....................,~I++=+,,,,~=77777+?77?~+~.:~:.,++=~~~:::,,,,........,,.:,....+~.=~?I777+,..........................
..................,:,I?I=?+=:.~:~7777I==~I=:,...:,.:=++=~~::::,,..........,,,,:...,:~:?=?II7=...........................
...................:+II+I7~:,,=:,7777I+=?7I=,,?=~===~~=~~~::,,,,..........~,.,..,.,.~=I++77I?...........................
....................+7I?I==~,:,,,~777?77I7+??+++~~~~=~::::::,,,.........,,.~..,.,,:,=:I7=?+II...........................
...................,7I?+?=+::::,,,7777+++I===++==:::,,~::,::,,.............,..,.:=~:+=~I?=?++:,.........................
...................,7+I?=+==+~,,.,777?~~====++==~:.,...,,,,,,,.,,.........,.:.,.,:,,:=?+++=+=...........................
,,................:,+??I==~::::,..+7I~,:,~~~~=~~~::,.......,,.,,,,........,,,..:.:~:++:+=+=~,,..........................
7I+...............,:~?+I=~:.,,:,..:I?::=++?????+~~~:,,~~,....,,,,..........,.....,,=:+:::~+=.....,......................
,......:77,.......::~=+I+=~.,,:...+=7+?7~~~::,::::::~::~:,,...,..............,..:..:,~:,,:+.,...=~,.....................
.......~77..,~=:...=:?7?=+~.,..,.,+~7?++~====+++==::~,::,:,..................,..=,..:.:::::,:...,,......................
.............::...~=~~7~:::.:,,..,~,:I?==~~=~:~:~~:::,,.,,...................,..,:,:,..,==..............................
....................,~~.,,..,,..,.:.,++~~~~::,,.,,,,,,,.:,.,................,...~:,,..,~~~+??...........................
...............,:....::.:~..,,,...:.,?=:~+=~:,....,...,.:..,....................:~,..:+=.,:=:......,::..................
................,......:,.::..,...:,~?+=++~::,.......,,:,..,..............,,...,:...~?,.................................
........................~..,:,:....,+++=I:,,,..,...,,,,,..............................,,:~:,............................
..............................:~....~I=+=:..................................................:~=~,.......................
...............................,::,,,,++~:......................................................,~=:....................
..................................:===++:::,......................................................,:=~,.................
..............................,~?++=7?~~:::I:,.......................................................,~=~:..............
..........................=I7=?=7=+7??::.~:,+:::........................................................,~=~,...........
........................?=?~7+=I+??I??,+.~+,:=::,,..........................................................,::.........
.....................:?+I?I7I7==~~+7?~+,:~7+..,,~,..............................................................:,......
...................,?+??+7I~I~::=~:+I:=.,=,,:,=.~...............................................................,,~.....
..................,77++77~+7II~=+~II~~..:~:~,,.~,.................................................................,::...
..................+7?7+777777+=+=++I,+...::::::,.........................,,,::::~~~::,,.............................~~..
................,:?77III7=??++~:=++I=~...::,:::,.,,,,,,.,,...,,,,,::~~====================~:.........................~..
..............,~::7?++??+I77~,I=7I?7+~...,::~==~~=?III???++++++?+???+=+++=================~==~=+=:...................,~.
....=+.......,~~:~77:?+7+?77~:=+??I??,,:~=IIII++?II??++?++=++??I??I?+==+++==+=+=+====+=====~========,.................~:
...~77:.....:,~~~?7I=777=I7?=:+?=7=:=~==?+III?++++++??+++++?III???+=======================~~==========:................~
....,,.....~,~~=I7II77777?~:~:+~+++?===+=+II??+++????+++??IIII?+++===========+===++============+=====~~=:.............,,
..........:=:I7II77I?77+++:+==~?++7??+=+++I??+++?II?+++?IIII??++================++=======~++=======~~~~~~=:.............
..........7I777I77I??=++I++7=??+7+7=?~=++=++++++?I????IIIII?++++=======+=+++==++==++====~+=========~=~~~====,...........
.........,7I777I777+II7II++7II+++=II====+=++++??IIIIIIIII??++++I~~=++======++==+==+=====:+===========~~=~=~~~=.........,
.........:I?77I7777?77?=?II=++??I7+:=:====++++??IIIIIIII??++++I7+:+==+=+=++=+=+=++=====:=+===========~~~~=~~~~~:.......:
.........+II777777+7I?+I77+7=++~I???+:========+?IIIIII???+++II77?=+++=+=+++++=+++++==~:.+============~==~~~~~~~~~,...,:,
........,III7I77777?II77?I7I=~=7?+?7?~~=~~~~=?IIIIII?I??++III777I+I=+++++++++=++++==~:.:+===========~~==~~~~~~~~~~:.::,.
........,7?7II7777??II+?I777++II7?7I+~=~~~=+IIIIII?????+++++7777I77~++++++=+++++++==,..+============~~~~=~~~~~~~~~~:,,,,
........?7?7III7I77?7?7?++?77I+=+=+?:+====?IIII??????+++++?7?I77I7=~==++=+++++++++=~..:++=+=======~=~~===~~~~~~~~~~:,,:,
........77?III7777I?77=+?+I~???+?7?~~?~+==+=????????++++=++:~=+?=:++=++++++++++++=~,..+==============~~~~~~~~~~~~~~::::,
~=......?7?III7777=7I7+?II~?~++I++=+=~======+?I?????+++=++=+++++=~==+++==+=+=++++=~,.,+++======~=~==~~=~=~~~~~~~~~~:::::
........=I=IIIII777??7777?+7??~++==+I~:======??I??++++++==++=+++++===++++++++++++=:..~+++================~~~~~~~::::::::
........?I+7IIII77I+?7I?7=77++=+?+?I=+~~======+??++++++++==++++=+++=+=+++++++=++==:,,=++================~~:~::::::::::::

I'm sorry, what?

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
*Electric suspects that Qwerty is secretly part of Arsenal Gear's AI.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »
Just found out it's not a ROT cypher

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Yfek wxi'k rxbulbslcai.

The answer is: Hi, my name is Sweet Baby Jesus.  This one's uncrackable.
I solved it by counting the letters and replacing the most common letter with E, and then used the odds to determine the other letters.

New coded message: MVtCH WE WVKE Vu VME2OWE CODEi
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
Answer: Watch me make an awesome code!
Method: Mostly flipped vertically. Pretty easy.

Someone else can post the next one.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
Yeah! :) The idea was if you hold a mirror above it, you can read it with the characters used.  I used the closest equivalent for S, T and N and stuff.

Here's another one, just because I'm selfish:  "21-25-15   22-5-1-8  15-20  24-9-13  16-21  8-5-20  20-5-12-20-18-5-19."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:01:39 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
Answer: you have to mix up the letters.
Method: Number-to-letter replacement, then descrambling each word.

I'll post a new code as soon as I can think of a good one.
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »
Okay, this should be a fun one!

oatawlwwac bnhrhiairh fdeeetltea u n rtlh r sb telsipa cesu e nlc acprt o at tolnhbftce emieeo her detdyxaeds
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
And I guess I'll give a hint?
This one is fairly simple, but I tried to make it a little unorthodox.  Look for a pattern, and think creatively.
Go Moon!

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »
Yfek wxi'k rxbulbslcai.

Oh shoot, how'd I do this one?

I should've written this down somewhere.

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Solution: characters are placed within the walls of a little box where they are turned then split and become obfuscated
How I found it: http://pastebin.com/YCTRA9KX (would post here, but it relies on a monospaced font)

New code:
J jcxg suredeob jsvksxxir fgtzy znoy if bpm crvn drsc td eaxhqp.

Hint: There's a twist.

Edit: spelling error in solution, also made better explaination
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:57:49 PM by bobbysq1337 »

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
Nice!  I wasn't sure if anyone was gonna solve that one!

Though for the solution, I think the "code" tag renders things in a monospace font.  It's the button marked with the #

Code: [Select]
code
tag
test

And... I'm afraid I just solved your code.

Solution:  I have probably forgotten about this by time this is solved.
Explanation:  It's a letter-rotation cipher, where the letters are shifted by what word in the code it is.  So the first word is shifted by one letter, the second by two, etc.

I'm afraid I don't have a new code ready yet, so give me a bit to think of one...
Go Moon!

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 06:57:05 PM »
Though for the solution, I think the "code" tag renders things in a monospace font.  It's the button marked with the #
I don't think you can nest code in spoilers:
SPOILARS
Code: [Select]
print("This is some code")[/spoiler]

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
Oops, I guess you're right!  And spoilers inside a code tag aren't gonna fare any better.

Anyway, here's a code:

VV<
-
VV<
-
>>>V>V<
>V<
>>>>>>V<
>V>>V>V<
-
-
>>V<
-
V>>>>>>>>V<
-
VV>>>V>>V>>>>V<
-
-
>>>>>>V>>>V>>>>>V<
>>>>>>>>>>>V>>>V>>>>>VV<
V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V<
>>>>V>>>>>>>>>V<
-
>>>>>>>V<
-
-
-

Hint:  It's a sort of code.
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:27 PM »
Hint 2: It's a sort of "code"...

Hint 3: If you're not sure where to start, the number of lines is of significance.
Go Moon!

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2019, 11:46:19 PM »
Oops, I guess you're right!  And spoilers inside a code tag aren't gonna fare any better.

Anyway, here's a code:

VV<
-
VV<
-
>>>V>V<
>V<
>>>>>>V<
>V>>V>V<
-
-
>>V<
-
V>>>>>>>>V<
-
VV>>>V>>V>>>>V<
-
-
>>>>>>V>>>V>>>>>V<
>>>>>>>>>>>V>>>V>>>>>VV<
V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V<
>>>>V>>>>>>>>>V<
-
>>>>>>>V<
-
-
-

Hint:  It's a sort of code.

toomuchworkforsuchashortmessage

Yeah, you could say that.

How I solved it:
Each line is a letter. Each > is a press on the right arrow key. Each V means to press that letter. Each < means to go back to the beginning of the line. - means to skip the line.

I'll post the next code when I think of something really good. It'll probably take less than 5 years to solve, though...

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2019, 01:13:52 AM »
Oh awesome, you got it!  Congratulations!  You're on a roll now!
...Yes, it still counts as a roll, even with a five-year gap in between.
Go Moon!

Print