Poll

What are your most favorite power-ups?

Super Mushroom (SMB)
9 (4%)
Fire Flower (SMB)
21 (9.3%)
Starman (SMB)
20 (8.9%)
Super Leaf (Also counts as the P-Wing) (SMB3)
14 (6.2%)
Tanooki Suit (SMB3)
16 (7.1%)
Frog Suit (SMB3)
9 (4%)
Hammer Bros. Suit (SMB3)
21 (9.3%)
Kuribo's Shoe (SMB3)
13 (5.8%)
Cape Feather (SMW)
22 (9.8%)
P-Balloon (SMW)
2 (0.9%)
Wing Cap (SM64)
13 (5.8%)
Metal Cap (SM64)
15 (6.7%)
Vanish Cap (SM64)
3 (1.3%)
Mega Mushroom (NSMB)
9 (4%)
Mini Mushroom (GBDK)
6 (2.7%)
Blue Shell (NSMB)
6 (2.7%)
Super Flower (SML)
1 (0.4%)
Carrot (SML2)
1 (0.4%)
Yoshi's Wings (SMW)
5 (2.2%)
Power Flower (SM64DS)
3 (1.3%)
Bee Mushroom (SMG)
5 (2.2%)
Boo Mushroom (SMG)
3 (1.3%)
Ice Flower (SMG)
1 (0.4%)
Spring Mushroom (SMG)
0 (0%)
Rainbow Star (SMG)
4 (1.8%)
Red Star (SMG)
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Print

Author Topic: Your favorite Power-Ups in various Mario games  (Read 16791 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:24:59 AM »
Oh yeah! What about Lakitu's loud? Also, I have a feeling Galaxy is going to bring on a plethora of new suits, might want to remake this poll after the fact :O

The Jugem's cloud isn't on the poll because it doesn't really effect normal gameplay (it's used on the map screen, not in the normal side-scrolling).

(If this poll's still active by the time Galaxy comes out, I'll add the eligible power-ups to the list. Be patient. :P)

I just remembered the most awesome power-up from SML2.  On the save select screen Mario can essentially turn into a Bob-omb and obliterate the selected data file.

The bomb thing from SML2 would've been nice if it was used in actual gameplay as well, but it suffers from the same fate as the Cloud, only used outside of the levels....That, and I can't really think of how it benefits Mario...

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »
What about Yoshi's wings? Or only items that affect Mario count? And wheres those flowers from SM64DS? You know, the ones that make Mario all bloated and stuff.

EDIT: The wing cap is from SM64, not SMW!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
That, and I can't really think of how it benefits Mario...
Exactly!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »
Well, SushieBoy covered what I was going to say here.

Anyway, Tanooki Suit and Kuribo's Shoe.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 10:57:25 PM »
What about Yoshi's wings? Or only items that affect Mario count? And wheres those flowers from SM64DS? You know, the ones that make Mario all bloated and stuff.

EDIT: The wing cap is from SM64, not SMW!

I shall add Yoshi's Wings.

I noticed the SMW thing before I read the posts on the second page and quickly fixed it.

...Ehh, I don't really feel like adding the Power Flower, but, alright.....(I prefer SM64's caps better, but this is a poll for everyone, not just me.)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
I don't know if Yoshi's wings belong since it's not a Mario Bros. powerup...

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 01:39:43 AM »
How about just Yoshi, then?
Wouldn't he qualify as a power-up in SMW?
Go Moon!

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:08 AM »
The Jugem's cloud isn't on the poll because it doesn't really effect normal gameplay (it's used on the map screen, not in the normal side-scrolling).

I was talking about the ones in SMW where if you kill Lakitu you can hop on his cloud and float around, it's essentially the same idea as Kuribo's shoe.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »
I was talking about the ones in SMW where if you kill Lakitu you can hop on his cloud and float around, it's essentially the same idea as Kuribo's shoe.

Yeah, and it is obtained similarly. I'll think about it.

How about just Yoshi, then?
Wouldn't he qualify as a power-up in SMW?

That's a little mean, considering Yoshi a mere power-up. :P

I don't know if Yoshi's wings belong since it's not a Mario Bros. powerup...

It does change Yoshi's physical appearance somewhat, he's given a pair of wings and turns blue. Though I didn't mention Yoshi in my first post, it's obtained the same way most of the power-ups are obtained. I think it's alright.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 11:39:15 AM »
Well just saying that it opens up a bunch of other Yoshi power-ups... all the vehicles from YI, etc.

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »
Actually, I'd say forget the Lakitu cloud and Yoshi. Since they are both living things, they are more like companions than power ups, seeing how they have eyes and mouths. But if you do add them, you may want to add fludd. Anyhow, that's my opinion.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Awwww man! Only 5 Power-Ups??? Well, here's what I chose:

Fire Flower: VERY useful, especially against Hammer Bros.
Starman: Cool song, Invincibility.
Tanooki Suit: Same as Super Leaf, but you can turn into stone! Using the debug code in SMB3 with this can lead you to turn grey and invincible while you're in other forms!!!!(Yes, I experimented with it)
Metal Cap: You turn metal and can destroy like anything in your path!
Hammer Bros. Suit: Like what Eric B. said. You get to be the annoying Hammer Bros. and defeat anyone in your path!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:25:24 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
What's cool about the Hammer Bro suit is that you can defeat other enemies now! Like twomps and boos.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »
I guess I'll share what I voted for:

Tanooki suit: It was just the best suit of the game, in my opinion. It had not only the ability to fly, but to become an invincible statue.
Kuribo's shoe: The rarity of the item plus the fact that it could kill spinies made it a fun power-up.
Metal Cap: It made Mario look awesome, and the music was good too.

....Er, unfortunately, I forgot what else I voted for...

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 05:36:56 PM »
I guess I'll share what I voted for:

Tanooki suit: It was just the best suit of the game, in my opinion. It had not only the ability to fly, but to become an invincible statue.

With the debug code and the Tanooki suit combined, you can become an invincible grey statue with any form by changing your form while in the statue form! You should try it, it's almost better than the starman!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print