Poll

What are your most favorite power-ups?

Super Mushroom (SMB)
9 (4%)
Fire Flower (SMB)
21 (9.3%)
Starman (SMB)
20 (8.9%)
Super Leaf (Also counts as the P-Wing) (SMB3)
14 (6.2%)
Tanooki Suit (SMB3)
16 (7.1%)
Frog Suit (SMB3)
9 (4%)
Hammer Bros. Suit (SMB3)
21 (9.3%)
Kuribo's Shoe (SMB3)
13 (5.8%)
Cape Feather (SMW)
22 (9.8%)
P-Balloon (SMW)
2 (0.9%)
Wing Cap (SM64)
13 (5.8%)
Metal Cap (SM64)
15 (6.7%)
Vanish Cap (SM64)
3 (1.3%)
Mega Mushroom (NSMB)
9 (4%)
Mini Mushroom (GBDK)
6 (2.7%)
Blue Shell (NSMB)
6 (2.7%)
Super Flower (SML)
1 (0.4%)
Carrot (SML2)
1 (0.4%)
Yoshi's Wings (SMW)
5 (2.2%)
Power Flower (SM64DS)
3 (1.3%)
Bee Mushroom (SMG)
5 (2.2%)
Boo Mushroom (SMG)
3 (1.3%)
Ice Flower (SMG)
1 (0.4%)
Spring Mushroom (SMG)
0 (0%)
Rainbow Star (SMG)
4 (1.8%)
Red Star (SMG)
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Print

Author Topic: Your favorite Power-Ups in various Mario games  (Read 16961 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
I always thought the tanooki suit was the instant classic other than the cape feather and fire flower.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
Well, it appears that out of all the SMB3 power ups, the Hammer Bros. suit, is the most popular.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »
I guess Mario 3 is the game for me...it was probably when I really fell in love with Mario.(Well, his games.not HIM)So, those powerups are what really stand out.

I think what made the Shoe stand out is how rare it was....it was something you looked forward to seeing because you knew you could only find it in certain areas and that was it. It was special.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »
Only one level. 5-3.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »
What? The Kuribo's Shoe, one of the greatest items of all time, shares seventh place with the Super Leaf? It wasn't exactly the most common item, but it looked so cool... not even Top 5?
It's-a me, Biokinton!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »
Tanooki suit: What other game lets you wear a raccoon suit and turn into a statue?
Frog suit: Mainly for the non-water sections. Especially the way he looks when he goes down a pipe.
Kuribo's shoe: Probably tied with Geno for awesome but abandoned Mario thing that desperately needs more screentime.
Cape feather: Lets pretty much anyone fly all the way through most levels, and lets the really ridiculously good people show off like mad in videos.
P-balloon: Looks even better in SMW than in SM64DS, because in SM64DS it looks slightly realistic. In SMW, it's ridiculously exaggerated. One of the first ridiculously exaggerated things in a Mario game, actually.

But hey, what about the Mega Star from Super Paper Mario? (http://www.mariowiki.com/Mega_Star)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »
Vid's never played SPM.
Hey Vid. MARIO IS PLAYABLE!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »
I guess that the boo suit in galaxy will be fun to use
Hanging out inside a lion is probably detrimental to one's health in the long run.

Bacon

• Cheddar Ranch
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 03:07:41 PM »
my alltime favorite powerup is the Tanooki suit
Peter Griffin:"only cockroaches and Twinkies can survive Nuclear wars"

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 05:08:21 AM »
Super Mushroom: So simple in effect; gives Mario an extra hit of damage, yet nearly every Mario fan runs toward it at breakneck speed. It's an icon for the Mario games.
Super Leaf: Flying around with this thing fellt awesome, much better than that cape feather from SMW. P-wing was the best.
Frog suit: Awful on land, but perfect in water. Sometimes, speed is required in some of the water levels.
Hammer suit: Mario is near invincable when ducking, and his hammers can destroy enemies such as Twomps.
Mini Mushroom: It was used a lot in NSMB for getting to new areas, and made Mario stay in the air for longer periods of time. It may have been overused, but it just felt good to have.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
Forgot I made this thread. I've added the Super Mario Galaxy power-ups as well, and I believe the poll allows for people to change their votes.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »
I edited the poll so people can now remove their votes and vote again.  I also updated my votes.  Here's a cool image of Mario power-ups:

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
That chart has a few screw-ups. The Fire Super Flower doesn't give Mario the Sky Pop in SML, they left out the Sub Pop, they put the disposable Hammer instead of the actual Hammer Suit, and they left out the SMW 1-Up Mushroom in favor of the 3-Up Moon. It's also kind of unfair how SMB2 Super Mario gets to appear twice, and they didn't even show the Small Hearts or anything else from SMB2 either.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »
Yeah, I know, it's riddled with issues... what magazine is that from again? Or is it just some picture? I've seen it before somewhere...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »
I disagree with their choice of best flying power-up.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print