Poll

Which Mario games(s) do you like better

Classic
18 (69.2%)
Remake
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Classic/ Remake version  (Read 13499 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
Thanks for reminding me of that one! Here I am falling through the wall in the third floor of the castle and going ridiculously high in Bob-omb Battlefield! XD
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »
Also, Mario Bros. On every. Super Mario Advance game. AND Superstar Saga! There could've been Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. or some arcade-type NES Mario game like Wrecking Crew... and then it wasn't even necessary for the masterpiece that was Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
I think they did that so people could play Mario Bros. in multi-pak mode without requiring multiple copies of the same game.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »
Honestly, I'm fine with whatever's handy. Since I take frequent train rides, the Advance series is what I play most, and, since I don't want to bother people on the train, I always keep my DS on mute, which means I don't have to listen to the voices and heavily mutilated soundtracks. My biggest problem is Luigi's jump. I really don't like it.

However, that doesn't really matter since I'm playing Yoshi's Island again anyways.
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
Weren't the voices already in the original game?

No. The original game came long before Yoshi's crappy voice.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
Then there was Yoshi's Story...

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »
Yoshi's Story... AAAAHHHHH!

I can hear it now: "EEE AAAH OOOH! EEE AAAH OOOH" at the end of ever stage! It's driving me crazy!

That game was supposedly a sequel to Yoshi's Island, but it was so easy and kiddy... I definitely do not regard it as a worthy sequel to such a fantastic game (Yoshi's Island).
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
Who ever said it was a sequel?

P.S. Yoshi singing is 100% awesome.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
Okay, maybe not a sequel. Is it a prequel? It still used the same gameplay as Yoshi's Island (minus Baby Mario, of course) and it had the same enemies (including Baby Bowser), and it had similar music... So why couldn't it be considered a sequel or prequel?

Yoshi's singing made my ears bleed. And yes, the game was incredibly easy and kiddy. You can't argue with that.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »
It's a Yoshi game. I don't think it has any direct timeline relation to Yoshi's Island, thus it is not a se/prequel. Yes, it was fairly easy, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. And if it was "kiddy", whatever that means, I don't think that was a bad thing either.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »
Kiddy: targeted towards children.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
I liked Yoshi's Story quite a bit.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »
Who ever said it was a sequel?

Nintendo billed it as a sequel to Yoshi's Island. It was even called Yoshi's Island 64 during development.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
So?

Super Mario 64 isn't a sequel to Super Mario World.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »
The way I see it, all games in a series are somehow sequels to previous games in the series. No, Super Mario 64 isn't a sequel to Super Mario World, but the two may share common themes, much like Super Mario Bros 3 and Mario Galaxy.

Unless Nintendo or the game that they created comes out and says "THIS game is a sequel/prequel to THIS", of course.

Obviously, Mario Kart Double Dash is not a sequel to Super Mario Kart, but the two games share many common things (other than the fact that they are racing games with Mario and crew..)

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »
Classic because they have more glitches.. :D
Neko = A hot anime chick that's half cat and half human. (SEXY!)

Print