Print

Author Topic: Shigeru's thoughts on the Mario movie...  (Read 13806 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »
Yeah, I had a thing for sluts when I was but a wee lad, too.
every

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
I actually saw the Mario movie on the Disney Channel once. I thought it was pretty funny. It had nothing to do with Mario games but it was good for some laughs.

They released it to the theater first, right? (It didn't seem like a theater-caliber movie to me, that's why I was asking...High School Musical (1 and 2) was a theater-caliber movie but not this Mario one, although like I said, it was funny).

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »
It didn't seem like a theater-caliber movie to me, that's why I was asking...
Uh the movie featured some of the most advanced special effects of the time.

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
High School Musical (1 and 2) was a theater-caliber movie but not this Mario one

You have GOT to be kidding me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
See now if you don't constantly try to connect it with the Mario games, I feel it isn't as bad a movie as so many people here are making it out to be.
Listen to this man.  I constantly tried connecting it with the games when I saw the movie on Disney channel, and I hated it.  Watched it on YouTube a few months ago, did not try to connect it to the games, and I thought it wasn't all that bad.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 02:16:07 AM »
I'm listening to Super Mario RPG music at vgmusic.com

Bring back SMRPG! Please Square Enix/Nintendo!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 02:27:03 AM »
So what does THAT have to do with any of the Mario movies?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »
Nothing. I just love Mario music and Super Mario RPG!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 02:37:58 AM »
Wow, you derailed YOUR OWN THREAD. Good job.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 02:49:40 AM »
So is the Mario Anime a better tie in to the games than the live-action movie?

(see, back on topic)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
Well... yes, but it came out right after SMB1, so some of the stuff in it was made up (and possibly reused in the games themselves). I made a whole topic about it once, featuring uploaded clips and a promised in-depth look at the movie (which I never got to). Can anyone find that topic?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
It's right over here, The Chef (I'm not making the same mistake twice).

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=10112.0
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »
Listen to this man.  I constantly tried connecting it with the games when I saw the movie on Disney channel, and I hated it.  Watched it on YouTube a few months ago, did not try to connect it to the games, and I thought it wasn't all that bad.

It's definitely better if you don't try to connect it to the Mario mythos, but I'd still argue against it being a good movie.  It has too many different plot elements which fail to fit together as a cohesive story.  I also didn't think Mario and Luigi were strong characters, even ignoring the legacy they were supposed to be living up to, and (and I know this is a controversial statement) I think Dennis Hopper's acting is wooden in every film he's been in, good and bad.  Last but not least, I thought most of the attempts at humor fell flat, and some frankly made me cringe.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
It's right over here, The Chef (I'm not making the same mistake twice).

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=10112.0

You're quite welcome.
every

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
Haha, this movie. I saw it a long time ago, and some other people told me the dinosaur thing was Bowser. The funny part was I believed them. As far as I can remember, this movie had almost no connection to the games.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print