Print

Author Topic: Square Enix bringing back Super Mario RPG?  (Read 28672 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »
The renders for the SMRPG characters did look "bubbly" and kind of lame. But at least we saw Yoshi in 3D. Sort of.

I'm still waiting for a picture of the render for Bahamutt (red dragon enemy in SMRPG, appeared in Bowser's Castle). I saw him in the Super Mario RPG Player's Guide, but every site I go to seems to conveniently forget about this render.

I would enjoy seeing SMRPG again, but there are other games I'd rather see first on Virtual Console.

And am I the only one to notice in the Mario & Luigi pic that Luigi has striped socks? *scared*
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 12:44:12 AM »
You don't like Luigi's socks? His legs are like candy canes!

Everybody loves candy canes!
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »

I agree with thorn and I never noticed he was wearing striped socks. THATS AWESOME.
* neotev calms himself before he explodes from excitement.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »
The in-game graphics are just low-res conversions of the prerendered CG in the manual (and elsewhere).
Ah, interesting tidbit... I knew the in-game graphics were converted 3D models (ala Donkey Kong Country)--but I never realized the models used in official game art were the same.  It makes me wonder, then, if the "bubbly" appearance happened after the fact--the result of getting features to show up well in teensie resolution.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »

Seconded tremendously. Green, with red-and-white stripes... he's a walking Christmas tree!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »
I already made a topic about this. Someones finally copying ME!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »
Whoah, yeah, you're right!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »
I remember playing Super Mario RPG many years ago back when SNES wasn't legacy yet. It was pretty cool and I especially liked the music. There was some area in a forest that had one of the coolest songs, I still remember how it went all these years later and could play it on piano if I had to. I also remember it had some funny jokes in it...I think Bruce Lee was mentioned and I remember a guy named Mack the Knife. There was also this Wario-looking guy who tried to marry Peach.

Sure wish I had an SNES right now. Might have to shop around on eBay for one plus this game since it's not on the virtual console.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 10:43:10 PM »
So, are you trying to tell all of us (who have played SMRPG more recently) about this or what?
That was a joke.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
Nah, this just brought back some good memories, that's all!

Anyone have any idea when/if this will be out for VC?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »
It's been ESRB rated again, I believe. That's all I know. (It was rated before, but I guess it got rated again with the possibility of VC release.)
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
I hope it gets on VC.  I hate playing the emulator with a keyboard, and I don't have a credit card to buy the game and a SNES on the Internet.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »
You don't need a credit card to use Paypal.

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
I remember playing Super Mario RPG many years ago back when SNES wasn't legacy yet. It was pretty cool and I especially liked the music. There was some area in a forest that had one of the coolest songs, I still remember how it went all these years later and could play it on piano if I had to. I also remember it had some funny jokes in it...I think Bruce Lee was mentioned and I remember a guy named Mack the Knife. There was also this Wario-looking guy who tried to marry Peach.

Sure wish I had an SNES right now. Might have to shop around on eBay for one plus this game since it's not on the virtual console.
Area in the forest with the cool song is the Forest Maze (think that's the title). Considered one of the best songs in the game, if not the best.

Bruce Lee was mentioned when Mario was going to punch Bowyer's lights out, and Mallow stops him. Something like "Who do you think you are, Bruce Lee? You can't go in there with fists flying!"

Mack the Knife is the third boss in the game (if we don't count Bowser), he's at the Mushroom Kingdom, and he holds the first Star.

Wario-looking guy is Booster. Wonder how many people knew that in the official art for Booster, it looks like he has silver/metal teeth. I don't recall making out that detail from the Booster sprite.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
The title of the Forest Maze music is Beware the Forest's Mushrooms.

You can't represent silver as a single color, so no.
That was a joke.

Print