Print

Author Topic: Hacking Dance Dance Revolution  (Read 2778 times)

« on: January 19, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
Is it possible? I mean, adding new songs and making step patterns then playing it on the PS2. I wanted to make Through the Fire and Flames on DDR. that would rock (i'm aware i'd need a ROM.)
Neko = A hot anime chick that's half cat and half human. (SEXY!)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, no, it isn't. However, there is a DDR simulator for the PC called StepMania that will let you do that. Also, Dance Factory is a DDR clone for the PS2, and from what I've heard, it does a very good job of generating steps for songs on CDs you put in.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 03:06:36 PM »
Where can i find it? (a Rom, i think..)
Neko = A hot anime chick that's half cat and half human. (SEXY!)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »
StepMania is a free download from the official website (and if you want, I can send you the stuff for a chart of TTFaF I found a while back). Dance Factory will cost you $20, because I can't help with PS2 ROM images, and we're not really supposed to link to ROMs on here anyway...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »
TTFAF on DDR would kill everyone within a seven-mile radius.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
No, all it does is kill either the fingers or the feet of whoever is trying to play it, depending on whether they're using a keyboard or a mat - and that's only if they pass it. Fortunately, I haven't done so, so I'm still fine. However, PARANOiA (HADES) on Challenge has a similar effect, and I have passed that...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
Playing DDR with your hands seems like playing Guitar Hero with your feet.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
StepMania with hands != DDR with hands. There are songs made specifically for StepMania that are physically impossible for anyone without superhuman speed to pass with a high grade on a pad (actually, TTFaF falls into this category) because of the song speed and arrow spacing. Also, there are songs for StepMania/In the Groove that have steps with three or four arrows at the same time that require the player to bend down and hit the arrow with their hands or try to step on two arrows with one foot (see Insane Steve's original chart for Contract).

I imagine that if there are people who can play guitar with their feet, there are people that can play Guitar Hero with their feet.

Print