Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Land 2  (Read 3790 times)

« on: January 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »
This game is so great. It's on my list of my favorite games of all time. It's so awesome, that it challenges even the likes of games like New Super Mario Bros. Why? Well, there are a few reasons. My first reason is that the levels are so diverse...it's amazing that there are like 30 levels, and each one looks almost totally different. My next reason is the music. Seriously, this this like one of my favorite Mario soundtracks...ever. It's just so uh...nice. So what do you think of this game?

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
I recently have been playing through the game again too! It does have amazing music, and the levels are all great!

Let us not forget that this was also Wario's first appearance.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:10:17 PM »
I loved it in the day. But somewhere in time, I just let it go, so I really need to rebuy it.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »
Arr, this be me favorite Game Boy game when I was a wee pirate.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:02:34 PM »
Never owned it (wish I did...), but I played a bit of my cousin's copy when I was a kid.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
As a kid, I loved it because I thought Bunny Mario was awesome. Still do, I mean, why haven't we seen that powerup return? My favorite music in the game was actually the first stage (the training stage I call it), before you go to any zones. Oh, and then there's the cool maps to each zone, the cool map of the overworld, how the Mario Zone map would gradually reveal parts of itself as you went along... and I have a fondness for the Tree Zone boss. Really is a lost treasure of a game. Leagues better than SML 1. Still a hard game.

While I think SML3: Wario Land is a better game overall, SML2 just seems to -look- more appealing.

The genius of Wario Land 2 and 3 made me forget all about the previous games though.

And wouldn't you know it, it's the one Game Boy game I lost a long time ago.

Also: First game I experimented with when getting the Super Game Boy, the pig-cannon enemy from the Mario Zone is cute, and the covers for the three Super Mario Lands are all very cool.

EDIT: Just played through the entire game and beat it. Actually, this game was easy. Also loved that every stage had a different look and that most stages had a particular platforming element emphasized. I can't be the only person who tried recreating the final level of the Mario zone (the Lego level) with real Legos.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 02:37:52 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »
We haven't seen any flying powerup return. And if we did, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the bunny suit.
That was a joke.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
If we do get a returning flying power im prety sure it would be Raccon Mario.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 08:29:08 PM »
Don't have the game, but played it before. It's pretty good, better than Super Mario Land. There are secret levels (never got them all), and it's pretty good. The hardest part is when you get a game over, you have to get all the golden coins you collected again.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »
I rather like games that give you an extra reason to not get a Game Over.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:14:12 AM »
I liked SML2 a lot, and it gets my vote for being the game where Mario takes up the greatest portion of the screen.

... A very big game for Game Boy standards--all those worlds!  My favorite had to be the hippo bubble level + outer space... wait, scratch that.  The last level was awesome.  I also enjoyed being able to save coins (up to 999) and spend them at the roulette... mound.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print