Print

Author Topic: Best in series? WEEK 2: Final Boss Battles  (Read 9877 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »
Galaxy was pretty easy, but The New Bowser Battles bring a new twist to the series, also Bouldergeist was awesome!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
Well, it wasn't the final boss battle, but the battle with Bowser at the end of World 1 in New SMB was great.

As for final boss battles, any of the Mario RPGs (including the one called Mario RPG) are my favorites, along with the boss for Mario Galaxy.

.. I have a really hard time picking favorites.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sqrt2

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 07:39:57 AM »
Paper Mario, if only for the music and the 'play as Peach/ Twink' bit
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
The New Bowser Battles bring a new twist to the series
How so? It's they same boss layout (two intermittent Bowser fights, then one final one) as SM64... well, gravity aside. If anything, the respledence of other boss fights was awesomely fresh (how many are there, anyway? Topman, Major Burrows, Baron von Brr, Bouldergeist, Tarantox...)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
The results!

BEST FINAL BOSS BATTLE:
Super Mario RPG (3)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (3)
Super Mario 64 (2)
Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga (1)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (2)
Super Mario Galaxy (2)
Paper Mario (1)

Wow, by far the most popular results yet. Super Mario RPG and PM2 are tied. If anyone would who has not voted yet would like to come forward for a choice of either SMRPG or PM2, we can finish this. For now, they will be both tied.

WEEK 1(Best Attacks): Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
WEEK 2(Best Final Boss Battle): Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
sre you going to make a new topic like this every week? not saying that thats a good idea.

EDIT2: so are you going to make a new topic like this every week? not saying that it isn't a good idea.

that is what I've been trying to say
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:32:05 PM by megamush »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »
Then what are you saying...? Confusing sentence.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
EDIT: sre to so are / that thats to that isn't
Dude, WTD?

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
The results!

BEST FINAL BOSS BATTLE:
Super Mario RPG (3)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (3)
Super Mario 64 (2)
Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga (1)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (2)
Super Mario Galaxy (2)
Paper Mario (1)

Wow, by far the most popular results yet. Super Mario RPG and PM2 are tied. If anyone would who has not voted yet would like to come forward for a choice of either SMRPG or PM2, we can finish this. For now, they will be both tied.

WEEK 1(Best Attacks): Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
WEEK 2(Best Final Boss Battle): Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

PM2 because when you see all of the people you meant, the places you visit, and just the whole game rewind itself in your will, it's really heart-lifting.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
^ When... did that happen? I don't recall...

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »
I think he's talking about the battle with Shadow Queen when the Crystal Stars returned to where they were found.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »
^ When... did that happen? I don't recall...

Well, it was a long time so I don't remember exactly. But I do remember somewhere in the fight you see what I said.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
super mario rpg's boss was a guy who made people from welding. Yet thousand year door had a huge queen that was invincible until everyone in the world cheered mario on and he received the power to destroy the queen, though even which the healing and the power the boss was still as hard as heck to defeat. But you know that's apropiate, uhh I miss spelled that. So yeah thousand year old door has a better boss, even though Mario RPG was the better game.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
Voting's over, but thanks for the input (I guess...).

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »
Super Mario RPG contains the best final boss battle, even though it's not my favorite (that would be the one from the first handheld outing).

Smithy FTW! (what does FTW mean anyway? For The Win?)
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print