Print

Author Topic: Rock band query  (Read 2635 times)

« on: February 05, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »
I'm currently thinking of purchasing Rock Band in the near future.  I'm still deciding on whether or not, and if I do, what version.  But there is something I've noticed when looking at the boxes.  It says that there is a guitar peripheral.  Not Guitar peripherals.  It seems odd to me that a game that uses 2 guitars would only come packaged with a single guitar, but I'd like to be sure. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
Why would they give you an actual complete set so you wouldn't have to buy extra parts?
That was a joke.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
thats how people make more money
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:28 PM »
If you have people to play with IRL, go for it. Playing alone gets boring. I really like the drums, but the guitar part (although fun to play with the Strat) is really easy (speaking as an Expert Guitar Hero) and can also get boring.

Yes, it only comes with one guitar. But the game is compatible with Guitar Hero controllers.

what version
Uh... I'm going to assume you mean 360/PS3, in which case if you already have xbox live, go with 360 for the superior online play (plus achievements!). If not, free online for PS3 may be the pull for you. However I've heard the PS3 has had more technical problems than the 360 (source: wikipedia).

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:39:20 AM »
You have a 360 and PS3? Or are you going to get a system, too?

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
No, I have a PS2 and 360, and I was thinking of getting Rock Band for the 360, except it doesn't entirely belong to me.  My buddy's having me hold it while he's in Iraq, and I don't know when I'm getting my own.  Since the PS2 is in every way mine, it's a possibility.  Also, the PS2 version looks good especially if there is only a single guitar, since my buddy has a PS2 guitar, meaning less extra spending.

Personally, the idea of only packaging a single guitar in the box retards the whole idea of the game.  Why couldn't they just put in another guitar?  I don't mind paying the extra for another guitar controller, but it doesn't make any sense to me to force you to buy another separately.  They can't possibly make that much extra profit from selling it separate, and people would more likely prefer an extra controller that they don't use over needing a controller that they don't have.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
Oh, PS2 vs. 360. Well then, I guess it all really comes down to if you plan on downloading any additional songs (strongly recommended).

For the record, most of our favorite songs are downloaded ones and if you do go with the PS2 version, in a couple of years you'll only be having access to 10% of the possible songs. Unless they start releasing PS2 discs of current-gen DLC or something.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 05:48:11 PM »
it doesn't make any sense to me to force you to buy another separately
Especially since they don't even sell the Fender Strat or the Gibson Les Paul separately. >:(

Print