Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 98336 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
I'm still good with Pikachu, Mr.Game&Watch, Mario, Luigi, and Link.  I also find myself to be pretty decent with Diddy

Got Sonic and Toon Link today.  The only thing I don't like about Toon Link is that his downward thrust is too fast.  I'm just so used to the way Link's was in 64 and Melee.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »
They took out the Earthbound demo. NOA officially hates Mother fans. But the rest of the game's pretty good. I'll describe it in more detail next week when I buy it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 09:44:39 PM »
I've earned all the characters. I'm just kinda fooling around, taking odd pictures of Wario for no reason. :P

Wolf is actually won of my favorite characters to play as, even though I've only had him for a day.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »
NOA officially hates Mother fans.
That or they have some strange idea that no one in the U.S. likes the series. It's just been subject to unfortunate circumstances (Mother so late in the NES's life, EarthBound's style in the midst of Final Fantasy-like RPGs) and they don't want to give it chances anymore, I guess. I still pray Itoi will localize Mother 3 as a result of that box of wonder he received... if not, that fan translation should be done before we know it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »
Some voice samples from the US version:

Fox, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Falco
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPuesnIp0VY

Pokemon Trainer (plus a little of Squirtle and Charizard), Marth, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Snake
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQOEHk9mhbI

Lucario, Wolf, Snake
http://youtube.com/watch?v=arRHChWh5tk

Everyone (different set of vocals, some repeated over and over, some mostly skipped over)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZFwoRxNFxw

I sadly agree that many of the US voices are terrible. Wolf in particular because it sounds like he has a Southern accent (or cowboy). But a couple aren't too bad. Meta Knight sounds like Darth Vader, and Pokemon Trainer... well, it sounds awesome, but it's extremely screechy. At least Wolf says "Play time's over, Star Fox", but it's not in his British accent.
But be happy that they kept Marth's Japanese voice.

One of the comments someone made:
"I'm playing this game in Japanese. That's it."

They took out the Earthbound demo. NOA officially hates Mother fans.
Shoot. Curse you, NOA.

English Taunt Collection!!!
(no music, clear audio: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tMoKkKiO1RU)
(close up with stage music: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Bzn8FZWBc)

...mm, actually, the voices are more bearable with the taunts to go with them. Wolf's awesome again. The same howl's there, the Southern accent doesn't sound as out of place. His roar sounds strange though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:33:36 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
Wolf didn't have a British accent.
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »
I don't think that they are going to ever believe you Chup.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
Ups: RED. Red is a total up! Triple Finish is the BEST FINAL SMASH EVAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Downs: That friggin' Subspace Emissiary believes in cruelty to Pokemon!!! I'll get them for what they were doing to Pikachu!!!

(As you can probably tell, I call Pokemon Trainer "Red". "Pokemon Trainer" over and over just gets annoying.)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
*ahem* When I unlocked Wolf (Took at least 4 tries, the jerk was standing next to where the Dragoon parts materialized half the time), I listened to the various things he said, and he did not sound like he had a southern accent. At all. Maybe because I've never been to the southern United States (save Virginia), but his accent sounded fairly flat in my ears. He had a bit of a raspy voice, but that was pretty much it.

I chuckled a bit over what he said when he summoned his landmaster, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
Up's are that the Vs mode match number required to get some chars has been lowered. Down is that everyone seems slower than they were in melee. Fox really seems to have slowed down to Mario's Speed. Down is that they made some chars too hard to unlock. example Jigglypuff, You have to Finish SSE and go back to the swamp stage or something Why such a hassle for Jigglypuff?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
I like Wolf's voice. Heck, I think it's one of the better voices in Brawl.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
Ups: Everything is great (except the downs).

Downs:
-Crappy intro
-Much slower then Melee (in many ways).
-They RUINED Fox.*****

I have a motto for reviewing games: "Don't look at what could be, look at what is."

^^^^Contradictory to that:
-Online play could be much better.

*****NO THEY DIDN'T. Mah bad. I hadn't played it much when I posted.*****
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:51:33 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »
How is the intro crappy? I love it. The music is nice, and is much better than Melee's.

Also, I like Fox's voice in the game. A lot.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
Fox is virtually the same as he was in Melee.

Virginia is Southern?
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »

Print