Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Dolphan (our what ever it's called)  (Read 4323 times)

« on: June 03, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
Okay, Do you guys think that the Koopa Kids should be in SMD? I do. That way you don't get bored of fighting Bowser over and over like in SM64. Each one would have there own floating island level, and they would all do different moves (like in Super Mario World). And one more thing, one of the koopa kids has to be adopted! Mortan koopa Jr. The only way for him to be a junior is to have a father by the same name. Or maybe Bowser is a nick name?? Tell me what you think, I'm all ears. That is I would be if Goombas had ears.

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2000, 12:26:01 PM »
What you might not know that's REALLY important to understanding why the Koopalingshave their names is that each of them were named after a famous person.  I've forgotten most of them over time but I do know some.

Roy Koopa was named after Roy Orbison (A famous musician who always wore sunglasses).

Ludwig Von Koopa was named after Ludwig Von Beethoven.

Iggy Koopa was named after Iggy Pop (A less-than-world-famous rock star.  I'm not sure about this one, but how many other famous people do you know named Iggy?)

Does anybody else know the others?

Star light, Star bright, it's my job to set things right!
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2000, 11:22:01 PM »
Wendy named after a female lead singer of some punk band.  Her name was Wendy O. Wilson (?) and she was quite a wild one.  Morton Downey Jr. who I believe hosted a talk show a while back.  This leaves Larry and Lemmy... Larry could be an homage to the three stooges, but I can't think of anything certain.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2000, 12:48:10 AM »
I'm not sure about the names, but I read that the Koopalings were designed after some of the head programmers of SMB3.

As for the name Morton, I've read in a few places that Bowser's middle name is Morton.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2000, 02:23:24 PM »
The most famous Lemmy I know is the lead singer of Motorhead, who are aging rock legends, quite famous and seen as a very influential band, so it's probable that that's who the translators were making a reference to.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2000, 04:43:36 PM »
Umm..they were named after the design team...and besides our pet lizard was gonna be named Iggy...

Do ya know where yore gonna go?
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2000, 09:58:32 PM »
Where did you get the idea that the Koopalings were named after the design team?  Do you actually think a German person with the name "Ludwig Von" something-or-other helped design SMB3?  I'm sorry, but the evidence points to the celebrity solution.

Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

Print