Print

Author Topic: Not Really Video Games...but Games Nonetheless  (Read 12633 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 10:57:28 PM »
Wow.

This thread just restored completely lost memories of my childhood schooldays making violent Kid Pix animations.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:29 AM »
I had this game called Spiderman Cartoon Maker.  Man I had such great times making cartoons about various things.  I think it was that game that taught me how to come up with plots.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »
I had this game called Spiderman Cartoon Maker.  Man I had such great times making cartoons about various things.  I think it was that game that taught me how to come up with plots.

omg it's over.

But actually, I had that too. It was among one of my favorite PC games back in the day.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »
There was this thing in my second (or third) grade classroom that could, like, phonetically read aloud whatever you typed. I was particularly frustrated about a passage I was typing describing a pig being attacked by a giant spider, as my inept spelling skills (at the time) created the sound byte: "Atta-kid by a gi-ant spi-der".

My Spanish teacher has that. It's essentially like Microsoft Sam, but with different voices, and able to read Spanish. Naturally, we all use it to say dirty words.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »
There was this thing in my second (or third) grade classroom that could, like, phonetically read aloud whatever you typed. I was particularly frustrated about a passage I was typing describing a pig being attacked by a giant spider, as my inept spelling skills (at the time) created the sound byte: "Atta-kid by a gi-ant spi-der".

Is it featuring an old guy?
I remember there was one in my one class back in 7th or 8th grade. I'd make it say cursewords and call my teacher gay at full volume.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
That's terrible =/
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
My Spanish teacher has that. It's essentially like Microsoft Sam, but with different voices, and able to read Spanish. Naturally, we all use it to say dirty words.

And thus, the speakonia video craze on the internet was born.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
You mean using Microsoft Sam as voice acting for almost every single video with voice acting?

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
Maybe you folks are referring to Kid Works 2. That one used to talk. There was also a speech editor on there...you could make the word "the" sound like, well, you know.

Also, don't forget ClarisWorks if you had a Mac. Or Print Shop. Remember those awesome banners you could make on those printers where you tore the little scrappy things off the pages?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »
That's terrible =/

The teacher was always mean to me from the start. >.>
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
Still, I wouldn't call my worst enemies gay if it wasn't true. =/

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
Well, also, I was 12 or 13. Now when I hate a teacher I just ignore them.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
Well, that's fine, it appears you learned and grew since that time.

Sorry, CTOAN aftermath still stuck in my head.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »
I also remember I highly enjoyed the classic Lego PC titles.

Esp. Lego Island.
Ditto used Machop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
Ah! That reminds me! I have no idea where I got it, but many hours were spent in the company of LEGO Creator! That was a neat sort-of-game. It didn't have much purpose but to make crazy vehicles and buildings and such-- and blow them up in neat fragmented explosions. My old computer could hardly take it.

I wonder where that disk went. Err, disc.

Print