Print

Author Topic: Melee or Brawl  (Read 24630 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
As fighting games go, the Super Smash Bros, series is the most unique. But which game is better? Melee or Brawl? Brawl has more modes and Wi-Fi Connection support, but other than that, it's basically the same game as Melee.

(by the way, the Stage Builder is awesome! If only it had more parts...)

What are your opinions?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
*sigh* I don't know. Brawl I guess. Brawl has Wario in it (I'm a one issue guy sometimes).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
There pretty much the same to me, but Brawl is a little better (I'm saying this because of all the co-op modes)
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:11:08 PM »
Brawl by a longshot, but for some reason it feels like Melee had more stages and characters (I know this isn't the case, but still... maybe it's those white backgrounds. You know what they say about white backgrounds).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »
Also, Brawl has the story-driven Subspace Emissary mode, while Melee had a puny little Adventure mode.

Who is your new favorite character in Brawl? I personally love Metaknight. He's fast, easy to control, and has a sweet Final Smash! Haven't tried Sonic or Snake yet.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
Brawl by a longshot, but for some reason it feels like Melee had more stages and characters (I know this isn't the case, but still... maybe it's those white backgrounds. You know what they say about white backgrounds).

Brawl has almost double the number of characters and stages than Melee. Plus the Stage Builder adds even more creative stage designs!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »
Wario and Wolf, but there's already a topic for talking about that sort of thing.

EDIT: Dude, why did you double post?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 06:16:54 PM »
Considering that all my favorite Smash characters are either better or exist in Brawl, I'll have to go with Brawl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »
Brawl is better for me because of the Subspace adventure. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »
Plus the Stage Builder adds even more creative stage designs!
True, with the memory that I have left on my Wii + My SD card I can make at least 6000 stages
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »
Brawl, fo sho.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 06:19:11 PM »
Brawl fulfilled everything I could ever want in terms of characters to choose from. I'm not even bummed that you can't play as Waluigi.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »
True, with the memory that I have left on my Wii + My SD card I can make at least 6000 stages
I almost cried when I saw that an SD card held more stuff than the Wii's flash memory.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
Considering how little most Wii games' save data uses, it's not too bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
I'm not concerned about storage space (yet); it's just that I got this really weird feeling when I realized that something smaller than an Oreo could fit more videogame save files on it than a $250 console. This isn't Wii-bashing--I'm just making an observation.

Print