Print

Author Topic: Melee or Brawl  (Read 24609 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »
And yet I can't use my 16GB SD card because the Wii is limited to 2GB.  And even if I could, it won't let me run channels off of it.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 01:57:11 AM »
I don't know.  Brawl has its disappointing moments, but they are vastly outnumbered by the game's positive aspects.  I'd say Brawl is a little bit better.  I say a little bit because Melee had Mewtwo and a better Ganondorf.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »
Also, Brawl has the story-driven Subspace Emissary mode, while Melee had a puny little Adventure mode.

Who is your new favorite character in Brawl? I personally love Metaknight. He's fast, easy to control, and has a sweet Final Smash! Haven't tried Sonic or Snake yet.

THEY MADE SONIC WAY TOO FUN TO PLAY AS. CAN'T STOP USING HIM. GAH. Not even Toon Link or Luigi can save me. Snake is also pretty good. But his smash moves are way too slow and useless.

Oh and I prefer Brawl by a long shot.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
They feel a bit the same, but Brawl improves EVERYTHING. Enough said.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
They feel a bit the same, but Brawl improves EVERYTHING.

Open your eyes. Every character that was fast in Melee have now been painfully slowed down. Pikachu, Fox, Marth, Sheik, Capt. Falcon, not even he feels fast anymore. They all feel like medium speed chars now like Mario.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »
SSB. The first SSB. You know, on the N64? That, to me, is the best one.

It didn't have wave dashing, it didn't have trophies, it didn't even have final smashes. It had 9 stages (up to 12 or 13, if you counted stages that only appeared in 1P Mode), 12 characters, and a handful of items.

I'm not saying Melee or Brawl were/are bad, I'm just saying that maybe we don't need all these bells and whistles that the two sequels come with. Who has time to collect 290 trophies or 350 songs anyway?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »
SSBB doesn't have wave dashing. You aren't supposed to try to collect everything by playing nonstop. Better gameplay is always better as well, so SSBB wins on all accounts except stages. Melee won that.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:46 PM »
Less isn't really more.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »
I have to say Brawl, because it has a lot of Co-op modes, nice 1P modes, fun challenges, and a very balanced roster of characters. Almost every attack has a use. In the other ones, some attacks were extremely weak and couldn't contribute to KO'ing or combo'ing.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »
Actually, some attacks in Brawl are pretty useless *coughFluddcough*.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »
SSBB doesn't have wave dashing.
But it DOES have wavebouncing.
You aren't supposed to try to collect everything by playing nonstop. Better gameplay is always better as well
I agree.
SSBB wins on all accounts except stages. Melee won that.
Wouldn't Brawl win for stages, since Brawl has the Melee stages and more?

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:22 PM »
I just played Melee the other night (don't have Brawl yet) and actually feel no need to get the new version yet. Everyone knows how to play Melee by now so when I have people over it's still a good option...for now, at least.

I feel there are enough elements in Melee to satisfy everyone. I don't even use half the characters, just the ones I know (Mario, Luigi, Link, etc). Plus I like the music in the game and think the stages are pretty good.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 01:35:51 AM »
Brawl doesn't have all the Melee stages. It does have Hyrule Temple, I will give it that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »
Unfortunately. Hyrule Temple was the worst stage I'd ever seen until that abomination New Pork City came along.

What can I say? I like small stages!

-Lizard Dude

Print