Print

Author Topic: Melee or Brawl  (Read 24635 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2008, 06:32:39 AM »
Well, Dr. Wright got in Brawl, and he's sort of based on a real guy.
As well as Mario! He's based on a real guy! ;)

Geno's basically a cooler version of Midna.
You know who he actually kinda reminds me of? Vaati and/or that guy who looked like a blue version of Link in the Oracle games.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
No, only Mario's name is based on a real guy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
THEY MADE SONIC WAY TOO FUN TO PLAY AS. CAN'T STOP USING HIM. GAH. Not even Toon Link or Luigi can save me. Snake is also pretty good. But his smash moves are way too slow and useless.

Oh and I prefer Brawl by a long shot.

I've played as Sonic, and I have to say I'm really impressed. His spin moves are all the same though, but who cares. Sonic is a breeze to control.

My favorite characters are Link, Toon Link, Mario (though he's a bit slower than in Melee), Sonic, Pikachu, Kirby, Marth.

Snake's movements are too slow. He's way too floaty when he jumps and his projectiles take forever to load.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »
His spin moves are all the same though, but who cares.
Makes him unpredictable, a plus, doesn't it?
Quote from: Sonic
Snake's movements are TOO SLOW!!
Fixed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »
Makes him unpredictable, a plus, doesn't it?Fixed.

Kind of off topic... Do you think the new Sonic Chronicles RPG (DS) is going to be any good? It kind of reminds me of Super Mario RPG with the art style (yay!)
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2008, 02:16:44 AM »
The fact that Sonic's attacks are mostly spin attacks dates back to his old Genesis games. You had three buttons -- A, B, and C -- but all they did was make Sonic jump or charge up a spin dash. It's a really cool homage, as a big Sonic fan. (And I have high hopes for Sonic Chronicles...the artstyle is about the best Sonic's ever looked, I think.)

I haven't gone back to play Melee yet. I'm really afraid to. The next time I play Melee I'm going to be seeing it through a completely different set of eyes and have another game to compare it to and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to go there just yet.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
The fact that Sonic's attacks are mostly spin attacks dates back to his old Genesis games. You had three buttons -- A, B, and C -- but all they did was make Sonic jump or charge up a spin dash. It's a really cool homage, as a big Sonic fan. (And I have high hopes for Sonic Chronicles...the artstyle is about the best Sonic's ever looked, I think.)

I haven't gone back to play Melee yet. I'm really afraid to. The next time I play Melee I'm going to be seeing it through a completely different set of eyes and have another game to compare it to and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to go there just yet.

You talk about it like you're getting ready to propose.  ;)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »
Well since the Action Replay took all the fun out of Melee for me, I would have to choose Brawl but it doesn't have the same classic Nintendo style of Melee and is missing characters and stages they could have easily of added from Melee and the original Smash Bros.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
I like Brawl better, because there are more characters, courses, and others. Plus the characters have their own appearances, in multi-player, and adventure mode is so much better. Oh, and I can't forget about wi-fi
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Print