Poll

When do you want Mario Party 9 to come out? (assuming it's completed when it comes out)

Now!
3 (9.7%)
In a few months
3 (9.7%)
6 months - a year
8 (25.8%)
Hopefully in more than a year
11 (35.5%)
Never!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9?  (Read 40007 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »
Nobody is a "one-time" deal with Nintendo.
Haven't seen Mouser in a coon's age.

I don't want to see Mario Party 9 ever come, but when it does come... um, it'd be great if at the least it had all the minigames from Mario Parties 1 and 2 (when deciding whether to use a minigame from 1 or the remake from 2, always go with the one from 1). In a perfect world, Mario Party X would be Mario Party 1 Director's Cut (at least 100 minigames for the love of Pete) with no thumb-killing-rotate-control-stick minigames. That's the definition of a perfect Mario Party game.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:57:50 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »
Hey! Don't forget Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pauline(the damsel-in-distress in Donkey Kong), Baby Daisy and some characters from Pokemon, this time it will be Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu and Togepi. I wish all those characters would appear in Mario Party 9. And some other characters from Zelda, too, that would be Link and Zelda. I wish they are the new Mario Party 9 characters-And its final!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Kahahaha-- don't forget? This is Mario Party, not Smash Brothers Party. I sincerely wish they wouldn't put the infant and adult selves together, either, no matter how funny Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were in Double Dash.

I do agree that they should put a little more effort into Mario Party. If they shared the sentiment Sakurai had for Smash Brothers, which was for every sequel to made as if it were the last, then the newer ones would be really worth buying.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:06:25 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 04:19:03 PM »
mario party games are (probably) made with the mindset to make them seem good enough to earn good money for it
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Nah. They're made with the mindset that no matter how little they do to improve it, they know people will buy it regardless of whether it's good or not.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »
Which is why the first three are the greatest of them all. Each of those actually stand out from one another in a major way. The same cannot be said for the GCN games (recycled models galore).

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »
Hey! Don't forget Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pauline(the damsel-in-distress in Donkey Kong), Baby Daisy and some characters from Pokemon, this time it will be Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu and Togepi. I wish all those characters would appear in Mario Party 9. And some other characters from Zelda, too, that would be Link and Zelda. I wish they are the new Mario Party 9 characters-And its final!

Wow.

Please tell me you're joking.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
Wow.

Please tell me you're joking.

Since the time there werer cameos of Pokemon and Pikmin in Super Mario Galaxy, why not? Eheheheh
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
After Mario Party 4 they should have stopped. Too much of a good thing? Sometimes. And that's the case with this.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »
Who else bets the Wii balance board will be apart of mario party 9 in some kind of way.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
Balance board... It doesn't sound that exciting.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
maybe it'll be for some extra mini games like the microphone was for mario party 6 (i'm pretty sure that was the game with the microphone)
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
Nobody is a "one-time" deal with Nintendo.

Cough* Smithy, Geno, Mallow *cough
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 11:06:48 PM »
Hmm, if you're going to mention Smithy, you might as well mention all the other bosses that appeared only once. Huh, Smithy.

Consider your point made, however.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 11:12:26 PM »
Smithy is freaking dead. Also the other RPG bosses (sans Bowser.)
That was a joke.

Print