Yoshi's Story
3 (14.3%)
Yoshi's Island DS
2 (9.5%)
Yoshi's Cookie
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Yoshi game?  (Read 3784 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
Personally, I loved Yoshi's Island. The graphics were unlike anything else at that time. The music was sublime. The game got really challenging in later levels. Overall it was a masterpiece.

Yoshi's Story was really fun. It seemed like a sorta-sequel to Yoshi's Island, except the whole melon collecting thing got rather tedious. At least it didn't have that screaming Baby Mario to look after!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:05:25 AM »
You forgot Yoshi.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »
^ Why was it just called "Yoshi"?

You also forgot Yoshi Topsy-Turvy and Yoshi Touch N' Go, but I seriously doubt anyone would choose those anyway.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:15:05 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
^ Why was it just called "Yoshi"?

You also forgot Yoshi Topsy-Turvy and Toshi Touch N' Go, but I seriously doubt anyone would choose those anyway.

"Toshi?"

Yoshi's Island was my favorite, BTW.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
Introducing Toshi Youch n' Go. It's shockingly fun-- to go!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »
Yoshi's Island all the way. It had great music and fun level design with bosses at just the right difficulty. Yoshi's Story was a little difficult for a fruit eating game.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
Introducing Toshi Youch n' Go. It's shockingly fun-- to go!
Alright, I fixed it! But in that spirit... "I was just going down to the Yoshi station to pick up some power converters!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
Well, right now I have say my favorite is Yoshi Topsy Turvy. I mean, it's not like I can find it anywhere nowadays, but I remember it enough...

I've wanted to check out Yoshi Touch & Go, but I haven't seen it in the stores lately... maybe I should have bought it a few years ago.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 02:49:53 AM »
Yoshi's Island, definitely the best Yoshi game ever made and one of the best 2D platformers.

Kudos for including Yoshi's Cookie on that list, I voted for that too. Good gameplay, has Yoshi in it, cinema scenes after each round which are incentive to keep playing, lots of Mario cameos and backgrounds, and the title screen music. That music is one of the best I've ever heard. Something about it and the intro always gets to me emotionally.
You didn't say wot wot.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 09:03:44 AM »
Yoshi's Island of course.
Ditto used Machop!

Print