Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power VC Poll Results  (Read 56477 times)

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »
Updated!

NP's Comments:

"First party titles dominate the readers' list of most-wanted Super NES Virtual Console games. Earthbound, not surprisingly, takes the top slot."

Earthbound has actually made it on the NP's top 5! Amazing...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »
And while they're busy acting all innocent as if they're going to put the games on the VC, I'm playing all three of them on the Wii. And I'm also defying the crappy choices Nintendo made about the Wii's memory, playing them from the SD card. I feel like a... revolutionary.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
I'm set to buy Earthbound offline for... $70-ish. Way I see it, there's glory in owning the original. Besides, the Wiifridgerator doesn't need any more stuffing and they'd probably re-censor the heck out of it on the VC.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:47 PM »
Dude. That seems excessive unless it's CIB. If it is, good deal.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
Way I see it, there's glory in owning the original.

I agree, and you bet your teeth I want a real cart. But I mean, playing it in SNES9x GX is cool until I have seventy dollars and absolutely nothing else I want more. That is currently not the situation at all. And if and when the game is released on the Virtual Console, maybe all the people who only won't play it through emulation 'cause pirates go to Hell will be like, "Well why spend $70 instead of $6," and in response the people selling them will be like, "Well if nobody's buying it for $70 I should sell it for less than that." You know how supply and demand works...

I wouldn't be so broke if I didn't give my friends money for food all the time. Oh well.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »
Dude. That seems excessive unless it's CIB. If it is, good deal.
I can't remember, honestly, but I just looked around Froogle for whatever had the most and cost the least, and that was it. You might be surprised how many people either throw away their game boxes or don't want to sell them (apparently).

I'm pretty sure there was some dude trying to pawn it for $100+.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »
Well, we sell loose copies at work for about $55. The manual/guide is a lot more rare but it still only goes for about $15... Okay, I guess $70 sounds about right if you have at least those.
That was a joke.

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »
I never saved my game boxes, and the manuals were always all over the place (I usually didn't think they were important). The one manual I truly thought was special was for Uniracers (or Unirally as it's known elsewhere).

Was EarthBound always in that huge box? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if it's rare (other than the game's obscurity). That's a good-looking box cover, too. I ended up getting EarthBound from one of the Funcoland shops, just the game, no manual or guide. There's a place where you can download a PDF of the guide, and despite the inaccuracies in it, I'd gladly pay for the thing. Stylish, every page is packed with information, humor throughout, and it's always amazing to see full maps of each area. At least the guide admits that Peaceful Rest Valley is tough to get through in one piece.

I'm still kicking myself for not having bought the real Secret of Mana game when I had the chance, though.

...wonder if Super Mario RPG is selling for $70 or so by now. Probably not now that it's available on VC.
That reminds me, why can't I find the U.S. commercial anywhere? I've seen the Japanese version with the singing piranhas, but the U.S. version had this old guy speaking of Mario's adventure as a legend. And it was.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:31:44 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »
Nintendo seriously needs to make a new Earthbound/Mother game someday. I find it appaling that one of the most unique Nintendo series has gotten so little attention. Three games - two of which haven't even been released in the US - do not do Ninten, Ness, and Lucas justice. Who cares if Earthbound is currently just a cult classic and not a mainstream game? A modern day revival could be just what the series needs - provided they make it a quality one.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
Sorry pal, but unless they decided to release the games n a compilation or something with updated graphics and/or features, there's not gonna be another MOTHER (rhyming olol). Shigesato Itoi said so.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »
Of course, there's no saying he could never change his mind.. but, play MOTHER 3. It really is just... the finale.

I'd like remakes. MOTHER needs a graphically enhanced one that doesn't play so slowly, and both MOTHER and EarthBound need remakes that have at least half as much detail as MOTHER 3 does. I was really surprised when the sequel to a game where most characters had four sprites total had so much detail that you could play through a good bit of it without even being able to read the text.

Now that I've played them all in English (and am almost done with the first one) I think it's safe to say that EarthBound is my favorite of the three.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »
Sorry pal, but unless they decided to release the games n a compilation or something with updated graphics and/or features, there's not gonna be another MOTHER (rhyming olol). Shigesato Itoi said so.

Um, no.

He said:

"There are no plans AT THE MOMENT."

Although it seems like thier will be no more games, he didn't say no.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »
Mmm... are you sure you're not confusing MOTHER 4 and old stuff from between EarthBound 64's cancellation and the eventual GBA release of MOTHER 3? I'm pretty sure The Chef is right and Itoi has said there will be no MOTHER 4.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
Links to him saying "There are NO MORE Mother's?"

« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
Well, if Chef is right, than that stinks. I don't get it though - why do they have to end the franchise, or any good franchise for the matter? There's always room for new games, even if they are just prequels or spin-offs. I don't see what's the point of ending it and wasting any further potential, especially considering it's very original.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Print