Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power VC Poll Results  (Read 56020 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2008, 12:34:39 AM »
If they were going to release it via DSWare, I would expect them to not bother at all in the first place.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
They'll just not advertise it and complain nobody was interested.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2008, 02:44:33 PM »
The difference... Paper Mario is an RPG series that uses characters and the style from an adventure game series. EarthBound's already an RPG, so the backward would be to make a platformer based on it? But EarthBound is all in the writing... I can only imagine a modern platformer with EarthBound's style being like a new StarTropics game (which I would love to see). Or do you propose more RPGs be made centering around other characters? Mmmmmggghhhhhhh....

I think that the series is better off as just a trilogy. Quality is better than quantity, am I right? It'd suck if Itoi tried milking his brain and ran out of good material just for the sake of putting out more games. I mean, not that he isn't Superman, but his job with the series is done. They're masterpieces and they don't have to be turned into halfhearted money machines, even if (like the Mario series) a masterpiece comes 'round every few games. I feel the same way about Harry Potter. All is said and done.

I'm sorry so many of my recent posts have been so long.

I see your point about quantity over quality, but it doesn't always have to be one or the other. I can think of at least one Nintendo series that keeps getting new games and continues to rock (Hint, it begins with M and ends with a troid).
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
I think MP3:C didn't rock so much as it pebbled, but I know what you're saying there.

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Actually, I though MP3 was the best of the Prime trilogy, because it had a more defined storyline, actual voice acting, and a far better control scheme. Wii remote > analog stick for playing first person games.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »
I'm sorry so many of my recent posts have been so long.

Don't be. We like it when you talk post.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
UPDATED

NP's Comments:

It's unanimous-the readers and editors agree that the highly acclaimed entry in the Castlevania series, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, is the TurboGrafx game most in need of a Virtual Console debut. It's out in Japan, so what's Konami waiting for? The readers and editors were in surprising agreement on the remainder of their lists as well, which include some of the biggest cult classics in the TurboGrafx library. The TurboGrafx has a pretty big prescence on Virtual Console, but there's clearly room for more.

(Earthbound-What's NINTENDO waiting for?)

JANUARY ISSUE:
Reader's Most Wanted (TurboGrafx Only):
1. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
2. Ys IV: Dawn of Ys
3. Snatcher
4. Legendary Axe
5. Final Lap Twin
NP Staffs' Most Wanted:
1. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
2. Final Lap Twin
3. Snatcher
4. World Court Tennis
5. Legendary Axe

Vote on NeoGeo and NES games this month!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
I voted for:

Duck Tales
Shadowgate
Battletoads
Final Fantasy
Duck Hunt
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
I don't get Nintendo Power anymore, but I would really appreciate seeing Kirby's Dreamland 3 (as I probably stated before).

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »
I voted for:

Duck Tales
Shadowgate
Battletoads
Final Fantasy
Duck Hunt

Battletoads? Well they could add it without the glitches.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
UPDATE!

NP's Comments:

Mother, the NES predescssor of the Super NES RPG Earthbound was shown in North America many years ago but never released. The readers want the game to finally get its due and come to the West, as evidenced by Mother's place atop thier most wanted NES Virtual Console games list.

Vote for NeoGeo games this month!

And the month after that, Nintendo 64 games will be featured.

Send your votes to           vcpoll@nintendopower.com

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:56 AM »
Sorry, but when they say "Vote for ___ games this month!", it sounds like "We know you all want Mother. So let's change the topic!" Even though it sounds like they can't influence or speculate on a future Mother release, I just wish they'd push it a bit more. Maybe say "We agree with our readers and eagerly anticipate the day when we can return to Eagleland. Our frothing demand for Mother increases."

By the way, I bought Secret of Mana from the Virtual Console, but haven't had time to play it because of classes and so forth. That's probably worse than not owning it, because it's always there, tempting you. Oh sure, sit down for a spell... then it's 3 AM the next morning and you haven't studied for that exam.

Wonder if Snake Rattle N Roll has any chance of being on the Virtual Console, despite being a Rare title.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2009, 06:22:50 AM »
By the way, I bought Secret of Mana from the Virtual Console, but haven't had time to play it because of classes and so forth.
Same thing here, more or less, but I've also got ahold of a lot of other games at the same time. So, far, I guess it's good, though I underestimated how difficult and confusing it would be at times.

« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:23 PM »
"Lets vote for a game to be released on GBA!" (Poster's note: I am aware that you can't have GBA on Wii.)
"MOTHER 3."
*Two months later, some other game is released.*
"What. WE SAID MOTHER 3."
"What is this Mother 3 you are talking about?"

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
MARCH ISSUE:

Reader's Most Wanted (NeoGeo Only):
1. Metal Slug 3
2. Mutation Nation
3. Nam-1975
4. The Super Spy
5. The Last Blade 2

NP Staff's Most Wanted:
1. Pulstar
2. Garou: Mark of the Wolves
3. Nam-1975
4. The Last Blade 2
5. Twinkle Star Sprites

NP's Comments:

When it comes to NeoGeo games on Virtual Console, the readers went with the safe choice- the thrid installment of the venerable Metal Slug series. The NP staff pick is anything but safe; Pulstar is slick but brutally hard. Both groups, however, agreed that classic shooter Nam-1975 and fighting game The Last Blade 2 are musts for Virtual Console.

Anyway, vote for Nintendo 64 games now, and after that, it'll be another All-Out Vote (Vote for ANY system game!) (Cough, Earthbound, Cough)

Print