Print

Author Topic: God I love this game, and the GameCube...  (Read 7730 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:15:23 PM »
Metroid Prime is incredible. If you have never played it it is definitely a must-buy for the GameCube. I just bought it a few days ago and I love it. One of the best games i have ever played. The music, graphics, gameplay, controls, everything about Metroid Prime is perfect!

Congrats to Retro Studios for successfully resurrecting the Metroid series in 3D.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »
Yes I know it's an old game, but I never owned a Cube until recently.

And I know it's in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

What are your opinions on Metroid Prime?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:20:03 PM by Mario Maniac »
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
Anyone want to share their opinions on this game?

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:44 AM »
I agree. It's a pimp, pimp game. I've also played 2 and 3 but the original was the only one I 100%ed.

I secretly like this thread because a part of me wants to make a thread like this for half the stuff I play that I know no one here ever will.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 04:38:55 AM »
Haven't played it, but might consider getting it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »
My gamecube library never got more than 2 games (Animal Crossing and Melee).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:34:01 AM »
I had a lot of opportunities to play this game over the years, but I passed them up, having never played a Metroid game or a first-person shooter (hey, I'm a Nintendo guy). So I finally got around to playing it and... great! A little tough in some places, but it's otherwise a classic in my book. I just can't muster the same enthusiasm for the 2-D Metroids, though... Guess that's what I get for playing MP first.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:53:07 AM »
Whenever I play it, I love it, but inevitably I get stuck on a boss and don't play again for a month, and then when I come back, I've forgotten where I am, and start a new file.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
I have 1 and 2 and they're both awesome.
And I also have the DS demo of Hunters.
I shall one day get Hunters and 3.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »
I have Corruption and loved it and I plan on picking up 1 and 2. However, I'm also holding out in case Retro Studios rereleases the first two with Wiimote controls.

Gah, I'm conflicted.

BTW, don't buy Hunters, it blows.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »
However, I'm also holding out in case Retro Studios rereleases the first two with Wiimote controls.
Most likely won't happen.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
I have Corruption and loved it and I plan on picking up 1 and 2. However, I'm also holding out in case Retro Studios rereleases the first two with Wiimote controls.

Gah, I'm conflicted.

BTW, don't buy Hunters, it blows.

Like Vidgmchtr said, it's not gonna happen most likely. And I'm gonna get Hunters anyway simply because I collect. I didn't much care for it from the demo, all I do when I pop in the demo is the morph ball demo, which is the only part I enjoy.
Ditto used Machop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:42:28 AM »
The real game's controls and weapons system is far better than that of the demo. However, it has somewhat poor value as a single-player game-- if you don't intend to try multiplayer, I hope it isn't still full price.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:40:33 AM »
Loved Metroid Prime 1. This is how Metroid should be done in 3D. The working visor features and the incredible amount of information you can scan for every little object (all written in a very sci-fi tone) were great. Next-to-last boss was incredibly difficult. I've never beat the last boss. But what I remember most of all is the first world, the Tallon Overworld. Rain falling down on the lush surface. The music... ah yes, the first Tallon Overworld music is my favorite music from that game.
And I can't be the only one who feels an uneasy mix of calm and terror whenever hearing the underwater music in the wrecked ship.

Hated Metroid Prime 2 because it was too hard too fast, and the dark world was annoying. Got up to Torvus Borg before quitting.

Never played the third game.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 06:52:46 AM »
I feel more of a man for beating MP2.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print