Poll

Which Installment of the Mario Kart Series Contains your favorite version of Rainbow Road?

Super Mario Kart
4 (7%)
Mario Kart 64
32 (56.1%)
Mario Kart Super Circut
3 (5.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
9 (15.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
0 (0%)
Mario Kart DS
6 (10.5%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Rainbow Road  (Read 23399 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »
...and the speed of MKDD's.

The only reason Double Dash seemed fast was because they added a speedometer that I thought they just threw in there for novelty. When you're topping out at about 55MPH and then you're doing like 70MPH when you use a mushroom......you still feel like you're doing about an actual 20-25MPH in my personal opinion.

And I keep hearing people say (not on this forum) "OMUH GAWD U CAN ACTUALYY LOOK BEHIND j00 IN MERIO CART Wii" ......it's like uh what the hell, have you forgotten SMK and hitting select?! I loved that system... and I loved that it would alert you by switching automatically if you had a threat coming your way... although by the time it switched the item would already magically be RIGHT in front of you.... especially on curves... but still.
Formerly quite reasonable.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
The only reason Double Dash seemed fast was because they added a speedometer that I thought they just threw in there for novelty.
Mario Kart 64 had one too. I always liked the screen set-up that had the squares of all eight racers going around the screen, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
Back when MK64 was still MKR, the speeds given in the speedometer were much higher.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
MK64's speedometer felt a lot more synced up with how fast you actually felt like you were going... I almost forgot MK64 even had the speedometer. What did it top at.... 100kmh?

Oh yeah, and the only way Toad's Turnpike should be played is in Extra.
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
F-Zero 64's Rainbow road is my favorite one because it's not famous.

It's copypasted from Mario Kart 64 minus the rails, so you lose.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
And plus land mines. Why does he lose, again?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
Isn't Rainbow Road without the rails (plus land mines as Bird said) actually better? I mean, not for a novice player, but without rails forces you to not hit the walls, otherwise you going flying off the edge. And in F-Zero, flying off once is all it takes.
You didn't say wot wot.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »
Apparently I can't change my vote, but MKWii's Rainbow Road is my new favorite. I still like Double Dash's music the bast, though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
For me, it's a tie between Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart DS. I liked the design of them, especially with the giant upwards boost in Double Dash. I don't really like Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road because it's too long and its mostly big turns with little variety.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print