Print

Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 17405 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: June 13, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
That's today, in case anyone's wondering. I also just learned Tim Russert (the news guy) died today; while I don't think there's a connection, it is a little eerie with all the people who've died on this day.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
All? You mean today, or throughout history?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »
Um, from what I've found, the people who are more likely to be associated with Friday the 13th are more likely to have good luck.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
I did two tests today and I think I did rather good on them. I also didn't get much homework this weekend, I felt a rush of energy and cheer go through me at lunch time, my cat got a mouse and I even got my new health card in. If anything, this was a pretty good day. I guess that means I'm an abnormal freak, eh?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »
I know this is really more of an April Fool's Day-type thing, but it applies here too.

Today at work, my boss told me to go out on the roof of the school to clean off some of the over-thrown recess balls. As a good employee would, I leaped out the window onto the roof without hesitation. No sooner did I plant my feet firmly on the rocky rooftop when I realized what was about to happen. Despite my immediate effort to return quickly to the only survivable escape option at the lone window, I spent 20 minutes of my day on the roof. It was like Christmas eve somebody stole the sleigh, and I was Santa.

Although I could watch them laughing hysterically from the locked window during my encampment upon the rooftop, the real joke was on them. I'm fairly certain that they were too stupid to realize that I was still clocked in while I was locked out. While they were busy stripping floors and painting walls, I twiddled my thumbs. Despite my embarrassment, I managed to snag a paid 20-minute break; I surely won't argue with that. At the end of the day, my reputation was a tad tarnished, but my spirits were high, knowing that while they got a quick laugh I got the ripe end of the deal.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »
Friday the 13th came and went without any extraordinarily good or bad luck for me.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:41 AM »
Friday the 13th came and went without any extraordinarily good or bad luck for me.
samehere
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:40:15 AM »
That's today, in case anyone's wondering. I also just learned Tim Russert (the news guy) died today; while I don't think there's a connection, it is a little eerie with all the people who've died on this day.

My Uncle actually knew Tim Russert.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »
I got kicked out of my house. I am not kidding.

Heck, most of this year has been pretty bad for me.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 09:21:36 AM »
Wow, that really sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that.
every

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »
Holy crap. Thats BAD. I had a semi-better day than normal. I found out that Bruce Lee (folks, not getting my hopes up.) or some other mysterious Special Guest (no, not Chuck Norris.) is coming to teach us self-defense in gym. I am pretty sure it will be the same people who wasted an hour and a half of my Carnival Day (AKA Student Development Day).

I was born on a Friday the 13th, ya know.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »
Im just now noticing Tim's death was on Friday the 13th. I heard something about that a meteor will pass Earth in the future on Friday the 13th. It will be very close. But it won't hit us. Then that same rock shall come back a second time on another Friday the 13th, and has a good chance of hitting us.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
"As of October 19, 2006, the impact probability for April 13, 2036, was calculated as 1 in 45,000. An additional impact date in 2037 was also identified; the impact probability for that encounter was calculated as 1 in 12.3 million."

Good chances? I think not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »
Wha? Chances in the millions?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:25:42 PM by luigalaxy »

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »
Uh...there was no need to say that. He didn't know, so there's no point in calling him crazy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print