Print

Author Topic: I'm regretting a recent purchase...  (Read 7266 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
I recently bought a used PSP and now I am thinking I should have bought a DS Lite, since it has more variety of games (plus, the PSP doesn't have Nintendo games).

So was buying a PSP a wrong decision? Should I go trade it in for a DS Lite?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »
"Sure, the PSP was beautiful, shining, pretty, and posh, whereas the DS was definitely the ugly sister. But hey, the ugly sister is better in the sack."
~Jeff Minter

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
Hm. I would definitely say, you should have bought a DS Lite. However, that doesn't mean your decision was entirely wrong, since I would also keep the PSP, since there are some really good PSP-only games you can get, such as that one God of War game and FFT: War of the Lions. Plus I think one of the Valkyrie Profile games is on PSP?

Anyway, it's really about what kind of games you like to play. The DS definitely has more Nintendo-style, kid-friendly, or gimmicky games, and I think the PSP is more like, console ports and sequels to existing franchises. I don't know for sure, I don't have a PSP.

If you don't want both systems, or don't have the money to support both systems, I would probably trade the PSP in for the DS, if it were me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
The PSP has a few cool, new games and great features, but it's mostly full of ports and remakes and always seems to exude this aura of being for "cool' kids who don't care about originality. That, and the load times are outrageous. Also, I have never really played one.

Keep in mind, of course, that I'm not terribly fond of the DS either, but at least its crap is original crap.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MARIO MANIAC? HOLY COW YOUVE GONE INSANE!!!11!!!!1111
!!!11;k11!jkadfj!

Now that I have that out of my system...

Yeah. The DS is a lot better. Innovation is currently what's "In" right now. The DS is outselling the PSP by some 60 million or more. Go with the flow!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
Yeah, I bought the PSP mainly for the "extra" features such as music playback and the Internet browser. I have a few good games like the Sega Genesis Collection, GTA: Vice City Stories. But I've noticed the PSP doesn't have much variety in games as the DS. PSP games are pretty much dumbed-down PS2 ports, and that is partially why I wanted to buy one, since a PSP is basically like a portable PS2. But on the other hand, the DS has more original games like New Super Mario Bros, Nintendogs, Trauma Center, Brain Age, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon, etc.

I guess I'll go back to GameStop and trade in my PSP with the 4 games I bought and get a DS instead.

How much would I get for it? The PSP was $145 (used), and I bought 3 used games (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops +, Sega Genesis Collection, GTA: Vice City Stories) and 1 new game (Sonic Rivals 2). How much would I get for all that?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »
Why don't you go try asking GameStop that instead?
There are some games I wouldn't mind getting a PSP for. But for the most part it's dull as heck.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »
I mean, I don't think I'd get my full refund on the PSP since I no longer have the reciept. Actually, I might keep the PSP, but I need to buy a new one, because the buttons feel loose.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
Maybe you could sew them back on.
Oooh, that was terrible.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »
Actually, I like the PSP. It has it's fair share of good games, and so does the DS. Just give the PSP some time.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
It's had over three years, man. It had its chance. I have a PSP myself, and I don't mind it that much. There's a small handful of games I want for it, and I have downgraded the firmware before, which allowed me to play ROMs on it (although I have since upgraded it back up to play actual PSP games). And of course, it has a beautiful screen, although it's prone to dead pixels. I like the DS more, though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
Get both if you're one of them thar rich folks.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
PSP screen is also prone to being exposed to the air, which might in fact scratch it.
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »
I say you should get what you like. If you're not satisfied with your PSP, then you can sell it and buy a DS Lite.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
It's had over three years, man. It had its chance.

Actually, what I meant was for Mario Maniac to give the PSP some time, not the PSP getting time itself.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print