Print

Author Topic: I'm regretting a recent purchase...  (Read 7252 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »
give the PSP some time, not the PSP getting time itself.
Quote of the year?

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:59 PM »
Hardly. Nothing I say is post of the year material.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, my quote sounds like a paradox. :/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:43:55 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 11:59:31 PM »
I mainly play Street Fighter Alpha 3, Crazy Taxi fare Wars, Parappa and Megaman Powered Up on it. I need to get around to getting Chains of Olympus and some of those RPGs.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »
I mainly play Street Fighter Alpha 3, Crazy Taxi fare Wars, Parappa and Megaman Powered Up on it. I need to get around to getting Chains of Olympus and some of those RPGs.

I just got Mega Man Powered Up and I must admit I am hooked on it. I haven't tried any of the single-player modes yet, I'm having too much fun creating ultra-hard stages to mess around in!

Oh, and God of War: Chains of Olympus is amazing. (all the God of War games are)

Funny that this is a Mario/Nintendo forum and we're all talking about PlayStation... My fault, sorry. :)

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »
I just got Mega Man Powered Up and I must admit I am hooked on it.

That's pretty much how I felt when I started playing that game.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »
You know you can make your PSP emulate any game system? I have at least 10 different emulators but you'll need a Pandora battery.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 09:11:47 PM »
Yeah, I had a friend who had Sonic 3 on his PSP.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:15 PM »
Yeah, if I ever get a PSP, it'd probably be for the emulation. But maybe a GP2X would be better.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »
I've heard that Daxter is a great PSP game. And WipEout Pure. ...maybe Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.

Oh, and emulators are the way to go. This RealLife comic sums it up nicely.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:27 PM »
Theonly PSP games I want are the Sonic Rivals games and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. These are the times I'm tempted to wait for emulation to pick up for current gen systems. heh. That said, I might get a PSP when it'a much cheaper. On the DS...well, you have Mario & Luigi, Metroid, Yoshi's Island 2, WarioWare, Zelda, Sonic Chronicles/Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure...

Plus, much more. If you're into classic-style gaming or quirky games the DS is much better. And if you like Mario, that's likely your thing. The PSP is great for non-gaming purposes and original spinoffs of console games(like Metal Gear, Sonic, Ratch & Clank, Grand theft auto, God of War etc).

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Gitaroo Man Lives! is another PSP game worth checking out.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »
Funny that this is a Mario/Nintendo forum and we're all talking about PlayStation... My fault, sorry.

What the hell is up with you and console segregation!?

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
My bro has a PSP. Never plays it. So, no comment. (Why must the Super Mario Online server be offline?!)

Print