Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power August 2008 Best of the Best  (Read 13981 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »
Yeah, my supscription expired a few weeks ago and I've had no strong desire to renew it. The only things I want it for now are the pullout posters (which range from pretty good to ultra lame), Pulse, and the interview section.

Also, is Future also the owner of GamesRadar? Those last few issues I had seemed to advertise them every ten pages.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 08:21:19 AM »
I hate magazine posters.  Not because of the content, but because they are folded. The creases are very annoying.  Posters should be full size and flat or rolled up and shipped in tubes.  Rolled posters may take awhile to flatten, but at least you are not left with annoying creases. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
I don't really have a "poster preference," as long as they look good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
Okay. 

* Luigison takes Turtlekid1's favorite poster off his wall, folds it into a tiny square, then hands it back to him.

Now do you have a preference?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 09:05:30 AM »
Speaking of NP and posters, did anyone else get a poster book from them like I did?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »
I hate magazine posters.  Not because of the content, but because they are folded. The creases are very annoying.  Posters should be full size and flat or rolled up and shipped in tubes.  Rolled posters may take awhile to flatten, but at least you are not left with annoying creases. 

They look fine in the Angry Video Game Nerd's room. Although the footage never closes up on them. He did talk about how annoying it was pulling them out without ripping parts of the magazine in his Nintendo Power retrospective.

Which brings me to wonder how in the world anyone could make use of that Nintendo Power poster book without physcially pulling out the staples.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:01 AM »
Nail clippers. That's what I did. Worked fine for me. See? (Ignore the MP1 poster. I've had that for many years.)

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 01:39:41 PM »
Someday, there will be an insane person, and he will go, and he will kill Reggie for the misery he caused. That day may be far off, or it may be close. Perhaps it will be your choice.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:05:24 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
Nintendoobsessed....just... just shut up.

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
Speaking of NP and posters, did anyone else get a poster book from them like I did?
Wait is this poster book recent or from an older issue
Noy Duh

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2008, 03:42:28 AM »
I got it at the beginning of last month. Apparently it is my subscription bonus because they ran out of Phantom Hourglass guides. Fine by me. I'd rather have a bunch of posters than a guide to a game I've never even played. :P

Anyway, it wasn't actually inside an issue. It was it's own stand-alone book. It and the magazine came together in the same clear plastic wrapper.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:29:21 AM by N64 Chick »

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2008, 07:41:48 AM »
Oh, one of thoughs subscribe with us and get a gift thing
I got my Mystery Dungeon ina seperate one last year and this year im suposed to get a Mario Kart Wii guide
Noy Duh

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »
Someday, there will be an insane person, and he will go, and he will kill Reggie for the misery he caused. That day may be far off, or it may be close. Perhaps it will be your choice.

$50 says it will be a bunch of crazy Mother fans.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
Animal Crossing: World World???

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »
I saw one of those poster books in the store a few weeks ago. I honestly though have never taken any of their posters out. I've been subscribing since 1995 or something, and not once did I ever really want one of the posters. I guess I'm just not a poster guy.

But yes, regardless of posters, the magazines just arent worth it anymore.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print