Print

Author Topic: The Nintendo Channel - Possible Super Paper Mario Prototype  (Read 4801 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
If you check the Super Paper Mario video on the Nintendo Channel, the sounds are a little different. Now, I'm NOT sure that it's a prototype or not, but if it is, then it's REALLY close to being finished. I also hypothesize that it may be a debug rom, where the creators can access any Level/Item/Pixl/Character they want at any time. My reason for this is because if you look closely at the score it shows in the video when he's at Chapter 5-3, you see that the score is 00000000. I beat a file at the lowest level possible and know that it is NOT possible to have that score at that point; you need to have beaten around 4-8 bosses. What do you guys think? I think it's a little suspicious, but I don't expect this too be taken too seriously. Even if we managed to get that prototype, it's not like there would be anything different besides sounds.

By the way, for those who were wondering what the lowest level you can beat the game at is, it's 6 :).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
you sure do know a lot about Super Paper Mario.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:35:16 AM »
Unlike me, who knows next to nothing about it...
Man, I want that game, it'll have to take a back seat until I get a few select titles...
But it seems like Kimimaru did quite a bit of research, and, unless I'm mistaken, is a really awesome gamer to beat any RPG at level 6.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 10:46:12 AM »
Super Paper Mario is a platformer more than anything. But yes, Kimimaru is an expert on SPM.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »
Super Paper Mario is actually a lot like Zelda 2, now that I think about it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »
If you mean a sidescrolling RPG, yes. The similarity ends there.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
That and "I AM ERROR"
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »
Good point.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »
Unlike me, who knows next to nothing about it...
Man, I want that game, it'll have to take a back seat until I get a few select titles...
But it seems like Kimimaru did quite a bit of research, and, unless I'm mistaken, is a really awesome gamer to beat any RPG at level 6.

Well, I'm actually good at about every video game I play, especially Mario ones. I've been playing since I was 3 years old, so I catch on fast to the physics of games.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
Interesting...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
Possible. Correction: Probable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Possible. Correction: Probable.

Thanks.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »
Kimimaru = Human dictionary.
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

Print