Print

Author Topic: Pokémon Platinum  (Read 7974 times)

« on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »
Well first you had yellow, then Crystal, then Emerald well this completes Gen. IV

Pokémon Platinum (Japanese: ポケットモンスター プラチナ Pocket Monsters Platina) is a sister game to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, and is the third Generation IV main series game. The mascot is Giratina. It will take place in the Sinnoh region and the player's starting location will be Twinleaf Town, just like Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. The game was first seen on May 11, 2008 when a low-resolution cell-phone picture of an upcoming issue of CoroCoro magazine was leaked around the Internet. On May 15, the magazine was officially released and the game was also officially confirmed by Nintendo.

Known changes from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
Aesthetic changes
Lucas, Dawn and Pearl will have different outfits designed for colder weather, apparently due to Sinnoh's climate suddenly dropping in temperature.
The template for the level, HP, and name of Pokémon in battle is a dark gray instead of white.
The Pokétch has been redesigned.
When Pokémon are sent out from their Poké Balls, the back view animation will have been improved. Much like the animations introduced in Pokémon Emerald and carried over to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, these entry animations will consist of two frames with various distortions to the sprite. However, the front view animations do not seem to have been improved.
Storyline changes
Dialga and Palkia will both appear on Spear Pillar. Giratina then phases into the dimension in front of Cyrus.
A new area known as the Torn World (Japanese: やぶれたせかい Torn World) will be playable. A small screenshot depicts it with floor-like sections floating at ninety-degree angles from each other, creating an effect similar to the art of M. C. Escher.
At least two new characters will be added.
Gameplay changes
When captured in Pokémon Platinum, Giratina will be in its Origin Forme. If a Giratina captured in Pokémon Platinum is traded to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, it will change into the "Another Forme," much like Deoxys did when transferred among the Generation III games. Likewise, the reverse is true.
Shaymin will be able to change between its two forms via the use of the Glacidea Flower (Japanese: グラシデアのはな).
Regirock, Regice and Registeel will be catchable at level 30 with the help of an event Regigigas that is being distributed in Japan starting June 20.
Map changes
An arch now represents the entrance to Floaroma Town. It is unknown if this will be also applied to other towns and cities.
There are now more areas in Sinnoh to explore, such as a castle, a room with a computer, and the aforementioned Torn World.
Areas such as Eterna City seem to have been refurbished with new foliage and building designs.

Lucas

Dawn

Pearl

Giratina Another Forme

Giratina Orgin Forme

Shaymin

Shaymin's Sky Forme

New Battle Screen

Giratina at the Spear Pillar

Spiderman World Torn World!!!
'
Floaroma Town

2 New guys who ate some Mega Mushrooms. (Notice the snow)

2 Places that have not been seen before

Special Thanks to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page, as theres nowhere else I could have found images, well probably on some Japanese Websites too
Noy Duh

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »
I'm probably gonna get this game since I never got Diamond or Pearl.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »
www.serebii.net is also good.

The Torn World will probably be where you capture Arceus in PPlatnium.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »
Yeah your probably right
Noy Duh

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:57 PM »
I dont think they should ever made Arceus legally obtainable. I mean come on, they really kind of ruined the game by creating a catchable 'god of all pokemon'. I mean what, so my 11 year old dude caught Arceus. Does that mean he controls the universe? I don't see how a being capable of creating time and space can be contained as computer data inside of a tiny ball.

The least they could've done was hint at Arceus in the game somwhere by maybe listing information on it, and maybe a picture, but to include it as a fully "obtainable" (for the time being illegally) pokemon is stupid.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:10:48 AM »
well this completes Gen. IV
For the series's sake you had better be wrong. FireRed and LeafGreen did come before Emerald, but I still have faith...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »
I would buy a Silver/Gold/Crystal remake, too. I need more Johto Pokémon.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 01:34:10 AM »
I might sit this one out.  I just didn't find most of the Generation IV species as enjoyable as those of past generations.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »
Although I'm fine with Diamond, I'm tempted to pick up Platinum just for all the changes they've made.

Plus catchable Arceus and Shaymin? I am sold.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 11:49:33 PM »
Catchable? I don't remember reading that.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
That Torn World is awesome looking, but it'll probably be ten times as frustrating as Sky Pillar, which is really saying something.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
I didn't say it was catchable, Wiggles. I was just saying that Game Freak should never have made Arceus even theoretically catchable. Right now, as far as they want, we don't even know Arceus exists. I was just pointing out that having a catchable god is proposterous.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 05:07:04 PM »
i think gold and silver remakes would be great to have after platinum...i mean, soon enough the GBA will be "out of service" and so will the GC since (i think) nintendo is over with them (no new games, etc., like what happened with the N64 and the GBC a long time ago)

and GBC games can not be played on the DS...

so gold and silver would become "rare" and few people (i mean younger children who have just been recently been introduced to pokemon, not older people from the times of red and blue) would be able to play the games and explore the great gameplay of gold and silver.

since FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P are accessible, and they are (or at least are compatible with) gen. IV, and red, blue, and yellow are in a way able to be played by playing FR/LG...gold and silver would be out of reach for future PKMN trainers...and those faithful older people who still play PKMN would also enjoy a G/S remake since due to "polls" most people liked gold and silver...

i would really like to get platinum once its out. but i'm looking forward to a gold and silver remake even more. those games are great in my opinion.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 05:47:25 PM »
I was just pointing out that having a catchable god is proposterous.

You're right.. I thought it was kind of stupid that we could catch Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Dialga, and Palkia. I mean, they created the Sinnoh region, didn't they?

I thought it was funny/weird when I was leveling up my Palkia.. "Hey Bidoof! I created the universe! *faint*"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »
That's about all the beating Bidoof needs to faint anyway...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print