Print

Author Topic: Rock Band 2  (Read 6456 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »
I was informed today of the existance of RB2. As much as I love Harmonix, it looks like they're taking the Neversoft approach, which consists of taking features from the competing game and making them bigger (the only exception being the lack of create-a-song mode). This puts the average buyer (i.e., one without millions of dollars to spend on music games and peripherals) in quite a tough spot. Do you buy Rock Band 1 or 2? Or do you buy GH:WT? Each one is likely to cost exorbitant amounts of money, and the peripheral sets are quite different (especially the drums), so you can't simply buy four peripherals and a copy of each game (well, the RB instruments will be compatible with each other, at least).

But there's the issue of: is a sequel really necessary? I consider Rock Band a perfect game in that it sets out to do a certain thing and succeeds in every field imaginable, so why not just keep releasing songs? The only way I can find this acceptable is if Harmonix makes the downloadable songs compatible with both games (it would suck to be forced to play one song on one game only), and I'm not sure that's feasible.

I'm sure info has changed by now, so feel free to correct me on whatever.
every

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »
I personnelly found GH3 Song list better than Rock Band's, but I had the Wii Versions so that probably changed it, il be buying World Tour instead
Noy Duh

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »
Well, there's a rumor that RB2 will have all of RB1's songs as free DLC. Still, I don't see much of a point in releasing another full game. Seems like expansion packs would be just as good if they wanted to add anything other than just more songs. But WT looks like it's going to be better anyway. Mostly for the better drum set and the fact the Wii version won't be completely crippled like RB Wii was. And Create-a-song. I won't be able to make anything good, and neither will 90% of the other people playing, but really, that's the case with all user-generated content. That 10% of good stuff will be as great as always.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
I'm guessing CAS will be removed/vastly toned down for the Wii version.
every

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:19 AM »
I'm guessing CAS will be removed/vastly toned down for the Wii version.

Actually, in an interview, Neversoft was quick to note that the Wii version will have all the features that the PS3/360 owners get.
Including full DLC!
Also, they, unless they were really REALLY lazy, would have no problem putting Create-a-Song on there.
It doesn't require a lot of hardware power, and the songs would be running on the same exact engine that the normal game runs on.
And the hard drive issue?
Fully playable from an SD card, like Brawl.
I really don't care much for logic.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:23:49 AM »
Wiiario don't hit Enter ever again.

And GH4<RB2 hands down. If it turns out the Wii version sucks, then I'll just won't buy either unless it's MONSTER cheap.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:28:18 AM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
The only good part about Rock Band is the drumming. Those fake guitars are simply mediocre.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
I'm really sick of all these music games with fake instruments. They've become the new Madden NFL in the video gaming world. >_<
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
In that everyone plays them? How's that bad?

What I hate is that it makes people fancy themselves as music experts. Anyone who says "OMG! I love the Beastie Boys, they were in GH3/RB!" is immediately a target of my hate.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »
It's even worse when I'm playing some music I've known for years, long before Guitar Hero was ever invented, and then some idiot is like "hey it's that song from Guitar Hero!" and also mention how they have no idea who it actually is. This has happened at work.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 10:26:42 PM »
^^

The feeling's mutual.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »
and then some idiot is like "hey it's that song from Guitar Hero!"

It actually goes "omh you guise its taht song from gh!!!!!!!!!", but I get what you mean.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »
People can talk like that in real life?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
I've seen it.
every

Print