Print

Author Topic: BEST AND WORST IN SERIES? Week 32: 2D Game  (Read 12379 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
I'd have to say that Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) is worse. It's the same thing as the first SMB except it has new levels and it added a poison mushroom.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »
And way too hard levels at that
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Man what is wrong with you people. The SMB engine was so great that they didn't feel the need to change it. And you have to actually get good at the levels to do well. Somewhere they figured out that if they made easy games instead, they could make people buy more of them, and we end up with a bunch of weakling gamers.
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »
Best: SMW, all the way. SMB2(japan) is a close runner-up though.
Worst: SMB2 (america) 20 levels, 3 music cues, same boss in 13 levels. Come on!!!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »
What? There was more than one ending in that game?? What was the best ending?
Here you go. Man, it must have sucked for someone to take all that time to complete the game only to get a bad ending for returning the artifacts out of order. It always ticked me off that Bowser sprinted off before you got into the room, it's like I don't have a chance to stick it to him. But since the graphics and animation are so poor, the best ending isn't very satisfying.

And it boggles my mind that the PC version, with its completely different graphics and all, still looks terrible enough that the graphics upgrade isn't worth it. Well, the SNES version had a cooler-looking time machine at least.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:59:05 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »
Man what is wrong with you people. The SMB engine was so great that they didn't feel the need to change it. And you have to actually get good at the levels to do well.

Super Mario Bros. had tighter controls than most other Mario games, such as Super Mario World. I'm not too fond of SMB's controls. And yes, I am good at Super Mario Bros. 2(J) and I've beaten the whole game many times, but it's just not recognizable as a whole new Mario game. To do well in any game, you have to be good at the game. That is the case with all Mario games. Along with that, you might have to try a few of the levels over and over again to beat them. That too is the case with all Mario games. Super Mario Bros. isn't the only game like that.

Somewhere they figured out that if they made easy games instead, they could make people buy more of them, and we end up with a bunch of weakling gamers.

That's hardly the case. Super Mario Bros. is just as easy as Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. If making easy games made people buy more of them, and if Super Mario Bros. is as hard as you claim it to be, then explain why Super Mario Bros. is the best selling video game in history.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:23:07 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »
Because it was packed with every NES sold for like 5 years.
But, I never said SMB was hard.
That was a joke.

Print