Poll

Which course in Super Mario 64 is your favorite?

Bob-omb Battlefield
5 (13.5%)
Whomp's Fortress
3 (8.1%)
Jolly Roger Bay
1 (2.7%)
Cool, Cool Mountain
0 (0%)
Big Boo's Haunt
1 (2.7%)
Hazy Maze Cave
1 (2.7%)
Lethal Lava Land
6 (16.2%)
Shifting Sand Land
1 (2.7%)
Dire, Dire Docks
0 (0%)
Snowman's Land
0 (0%)
Wet-Dry World
4 (10.8%)
Tall, Tall Mountain
3 (8.1%)
Tiny-Huge Island
1 (2.7%)
Tick-Tock Clock
4 (10.8%)
Rainbow Ride
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Dark World
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Fire Sea
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Sky
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Course in Super Mario 64  (Read 17403 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
I think my favorite is Bowser In The Sky. I like the other Bowser stages, as well. I like that they consist of more traditional platforming, as opposed to going around doing things to get stars.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »
Woops, I made a mistake with my vote can I change it to "Wet Dry World"?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:51:26 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »
That's Tiny-Huge Island.

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »
I like exploring the levels, so they're all fun (even dire, dire docks). If I had to choose, my favorite would be Bob-omb battlefield because I gave it an awesome backstory.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
I'd have to say Tall Tall Mountain, Whomp's Fortress, and Tiny Huge Island are my favorites. I enjoy the owl in Whomp's Fortress because he's rare in the game and you can fly with him. I like secret slide and the many places to explore in Tall Tall Mountain. Tiny Huge Island's big and small themes are a treat in variety, and Wiggler is nice to see too.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
My favorite part of Whomp's Fortress is trying to long jump from the fortress to the caged island; wall-kicking to the Into the Wild Blue star; getting the eight red coin on the floating island, and then jumping and falling onto the red coin star without touching the ground.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »
Mine is Bowser in Dark World.  It looked like such a dark, deep cave that probably had many freakish creatures lurking in the darkest depths of it that mario never went to.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
I remember a Got Milk commercial where Mario was tired so he jumped out of the game and into the player's refrigerator and jumped back in and he was so huge and finished the level. Wait, I found a video for the exact commercial. holy casserole! I noticed something in this I didn't notice when I first saw the commercial when I was like 10 or so. If you look at the TV at 00: 02 I think the first Bowser course is shown instead for some odd reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1vM3xIUe9s

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »
I have always been a fan of Tall, Tall Mountain. I remember when I first found the secret slide after bumping into the fake wall. Magical times.

Although I have always enjoyed Tall, Tall Mountain, Whomp's Fortress has been my favorite since I bought the game back in the 90s. I explored there a lot when I was younger, so I guess that hanging out there now brings me back to simpler times. I like being reminded that there was a time before college and high school when being alive was so much easier (and cheaper, too).
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
remember a Got Milk commercial where Mario was tired so he jumped out of the game and into the player's refrigerator and jumped back in and he was so huge and finished the level.

You know!  I remember watching that commercial when I was six or seven years old!  I used to love that commercial alot cause its when I was first getting into mario!!  I totally forgot about it thanks for bring back some good memorys!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
Classic commercial. I envied those kids and their special version of SM64 with better graphics and smacking-against-a-wall animations.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:51 AM »
I never really thought about which course was my favorite, I suppose I'd pick Tall Tall Mountain,
No image sigs? =(

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »
Classic commercial. I envied those kids and their special version of SM64 with better graphics and smacking-against-a-wall animations.

Never mind the fact that their version's Mario can break the fourth wall...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »
I would love to get a copy of that version! Mario jumping over my walls like MIPS. Pure madness!

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
This is quite possibly the most difficult decision of my life... Can we change our votes once they've been cast?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print