Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing City Folk Discussion  (Read 14918 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 12:46:17 AM »
This game is going to ruin Nintendo! They are betraying their loyal hardcore fans, only to please that worthless casual scum! O Nintendo WHYYYYYYY!

Just Kidding.

I think I will get this game. I liked the one for the DS but I abandoned it before completely paying the house.

Also. ANIMAL CROSSING IS HARDCORE!11 Not that that matters.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:56 AM »
Nope, which is good because if it was bundled with it, it would probably mean that Nintendo only intended to make use of it in that game.
I guess you could say it's "bundled" with it in spirit. Nintendo can barely make a single release without simultaneously hawking some new white-plastic gimmick that three or four games will use.

On the other hand, why would you assume it would only be used in that game if the mic was bundled with it? The Wii Fit board came with said title, and other games are set to use it. That, and the bundle cost would've been through the roof. Also, Nintendo certainly wouldn't want to suggest that they're encouraing people to use modern gaming technology.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
This game is going to ruin Nintendo! They are betraying their loyal hardcore fans, only to please that worthless casual scum! O Nintendo WHYYYYYYY!

Just Kidding.

I think I will get this game. I liked the one for the DS but I abandoned it before completely paying the house.

Also. ANIMAL CROSSING IS HARDCORE!11 Not that that matters.

I was preparing to go into harsh rebuke mode after reading the first two lines.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »
I was preparing to go into harsh rebuke mode after reading the first two lines.

So was I!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
I am curious... What were you going to say?
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »
I am curious... What were you going to say?

How could you think that this game is going to ruin Nintendo???  Do you even know what game were talking about!!  Animal Crossing City Folk is going to be one of the best games coming out for Wii in 2008!!  How it the WORLD could you think that this game will not be COMPLETELY AWSOME!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
Maybe he just doesn't like Animal Crossing/isn't a total sheep?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »
Let's review:
So far, Animal Crossing has been at best somewhat interesting and never completely awesome.
Logic suggests that this new game will not blow your mind either.
"Awsome" is not a word.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »
1. Awsome is a word.  Somthing that is awsome usually has great might or is Godlike.  Of course I used it in the wrong context but you knew what I meant.

2. I think that Animal Crossing will be completely awsome because I didn't even have the wi fi on my DS and I would play it for hours!  Theres alot to do.  Even my sisters that don't play video games tried it once and started playing for hours!  You have to customize your house, customize your town, win contests, celebrate holidays, stop people from moving, check your mail, send mail, design clothes, become friends with people, fish, plant, harvest, dig for treasure, and more.  With City Folk you can now, talk to people with Wii Speak, Auction off your items, play games with them and probably alot more that I haven't mentioned and don't know about yet.
 and much more.

3. I never said anything about the game "blowing my mind".  You must be refering to someone elses post.

Anyways don't you agree it will be fun at least a little CW?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:55:14 AM by MushroomJunkie »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 08:44:58 AM »
1. Awsome isn't a word. Awesome on the other hand, is a word.

2. You would play it for hours, not us.

3. You were acting as if the game was the greatest thing ever conceived. The rest of us don't share your sentiments.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »
You have to customize your house, customize your town, win contests, celebrate holidays, stop people from moving, check your mail, send mail, design clothes, become friends with people, buy stuff, sell stuff to get money, fish, plant, harvest, dig for treasure, and more.  With City Folk you can now, talk to people with Wii Speak, Auction off your items, play games with them and probably alot more that I haven't mentioned and don't know about yet.

Huh? HUH??
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:54:27 AM by MushroomJunkie »

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »
Well, so far, the Animal Crossing games have been a port of a Japanese N64 game and a DS game, respectively, so their true graphical potential has yet to shine. Then again, the style of the game is its visual simplicity.

Not 100% true. AC: GC was the Japanese port, but the DS one was made specifically for the DS. It had slightly better graphics with a lower frame rate. Hopefully the frame rate will be fixed in AC:CF.

BTW, even though the visuals are pretty simple, that doesn't mean that can't be good. Basically, the simplicity part means "easy on the eyes". Right now, the graphics for the game are really good. And another thing is that they series (unless they are on some amazing future system) will also have fake 3-D in some places. For example, the trees are fake 3-D because if someone had 100 trees, that would be 100 models at a time, making a terrible frame rate. (Even though ironically a past-gen system can have 128 Mario running around the screen at the same time).

Scratch that. They might make them have 3-D trees, since both past games were running on N64-style graphic engines.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 08:32:38 AM »
My point is that theres alot to do in this new AM game.  It's gonna be really fun!

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
You were saying "huh?" to your own post..,
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print