Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 104627 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »
If you are saying that hardcoreness depends in gameplay and not in popularity (or lack of it), I agree.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.

and I don't really think most Mario games are hardcore either

If you weren't a admin, I'd, I'd..........become very soar with you mister!

Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
     After reading much of the drooly stuff on this topic about "harcores" and "casuals," my only proper response is to tell you guys to shut up. I mean really why does being someone who plays games have to be such a huge ordeal? It's all anybody hears anymore and honestly I'm sick of it. Why is there a pretty much undecided set of criteria that determines what kind of gamer someone is? Can't people just play games and have fun and maybe play them a little bit more than other people? Why is it condescending to refer to someone who, as the dictionary would explain, a person who casually plays games? I remember when I was a really little kid I would talk to my friends in school who played video games about the games I played, and they would tell me about the games they played. If I happened to play a certain game more than them, or if I was much more interested, I didn't refer to them as "casuals" or "n00bs." Is it wrong to not have a passionate love for every game ever? Is it wrong to have not played over 50 video games in the past year? Is it wrong to play video games for less than 5 hours a day?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »
Casual gamers are bad because they make it worse for the more important, hardcore gamers to get the kind of games that they want.

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:58 PM »
Casual gamers are bad because they make it worse for the more important, hardcore gamers to get the kind of games that they want.

Because me walking into a GameStop to buy Peggle Deluxe will hinder your effort to buy, let's say, Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid. Right, right.
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
Drat, he took my parking space.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »
The more casual gamers, the more casual games, the less hardcore gamers, less hardcore games.  Theres a pattern you see?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
Except there isn't, because there are actually just more games being made.
Also, how much you play games really doesn't have much to do with anything.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »
The more casual gamers, the more casual games, the less hardcore gamers, less hardcore games.  Theres a pattern you see?

lol wut
lol wut
lol wut
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
So somebody "hardcore" can only enjoy "hardcore games," and only "casuals" can enjoy "casual games?" Why can't there just be gamers and games?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2008, 10:14:09 PM »
I dunno.  I guess their can be.  I don't care, just as long as the games that I like to play keep coming out and don't decrease, it's fine with me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »
But you just said...
every

« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
Well, Super Mario Galaxy completely failed Nintendo's expectations so they are probably going to lower the budget for the next game, if they even bother to produce it.

« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
I don't think that being casual, or the presence/existence/smell of casuals is bad. I just want to hear people opinion about what is hardcore and what is casual, not to bash anyone. I also became tired of all this "cazualsz soc" thing, and that was mainly why I started discussing about the topic here.
(You can check some of my posts where I made fun of this, by saying that f zero is for casuals and that animal crossing will ruin nintendo for being a casual game, which it isnt.)
I, for one, love videogames, and I don't care of being casual or hardcore like if it mattered.
Maybe what separates hardcore from casual is the "love" for gaming?
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:20 AM »
I'm gonna settle this once and for all.

Casual is when you play video games without a tie. And hardcore is when you play while eating the remains of an apple that's been left out for a few days, making it brown and crunchy.
No! I don't want that!

Print