Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 104622 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
No, most is definitely not an exaggeration. Take a look at the number of games on any system in the past 20 years and think about how much junk is in there.

People on the Internet use the word "defensive" in a really strange way. Like, when someone is putting forth any kind of statement against someone else's opinion, they're apparently "defensive", even if they're the ones attacking.

FFVII isn't really the highest on my list of RPGs, either. I mean, it's good, but you have Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II, Star Ocean: The Second Story...
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2008, 01:14:49 PM »
I need to play some of the games Chup listed. I did really enjoy FFVII, although I think part of its status as one of the best games ever is partly because of the story. It is a little annoying to only have 3 party members, especially since the standard for the series is usually 4.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
No, he's right. The SNES is a total piece of crap too.

Let's not forget how horrible the Sega Genesis was...

Why?

Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »
Grow a friggin' brain/buy a sarcasm detector already.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:38 PM »
I think I just found a new signature...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:17 PM »

Whoa, easy there bud. He may not have gotten the joke/sarcasm, but that's no reason to tell him to "get a brain."
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »
Hence the slash.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »

:(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:27:33 AM by MushroomJunkie »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:53 AM »
Posting a smiley-only message=Even more dislike from people on this forum.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
It was more like a frowny with a quote.

« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
No, most is definitely not an exaggeration. Take a look at the number of games on any system in the past 20 years and think about how much junk is in there.

People on the Internet use the word "defensive" in a really strange way. Like, when someone is putting forth any kind of statement against someone else's opinion, they're apparently "defensive", even if they're the ones attacking.

FFVII isn't really the highest on my list of RPGs, either. I mean, it's good, but you have Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II, Star Ocean: The Second Story...

I would say it is to some extent, because while the MAJORITY of games on basically any console are crud, it's never been as bad as "most of the games" until the Wii. Consoles like the SNES and Gamecube had plenty of crap like cheap liscensed titles, but they also had a ton of good games. The Wii has had some great games, but they've been drowned out not just by that, but by the biggest flood of shovelware we've ever had on one console (and note, I'm considering shovelware to be different from bad liscensed games).

Also, I only used the word defensive because I thought it was a bit ironic that nintendo fans were making posts praising the Playstation - which is made by Sony. Not saying that it's wrong, but it just is kind of funny to me. :P
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »
I'm a fan of good video games myself, that's why I like the Playstation.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »
I've never extensively played a PS, so I can't say this with too much confidence, but I think the N64 had better games--if only because of Nintendo.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
It didn't.

Well, okay, for its era, SM64 is pretty near the top.
That was a joke.

Print